Oil Change rip off!

If your car is lowered thats a mod ?? if you have a sticker on your car thats a mod ?? You change the stereo thats a mod ?? Whether you folks know it or not you are smack bang in the middle of the "Modded" car scene right here... Just by talking bout it.. :o Some of you are obvisously experiencing the bug for the first time and it shows... ;) Dont worry you ll get over the 100s of thousands of dollars youll spend on cars in this lifetime....

Sorry if I offended anybody that would never be my intention... :P

Cheers,

Matt

You are kidding right? Dude, if you took a car to summernats with a sticker on it and submitted it "because its a mod dude" you would get laughed out of there.

Yes its "been modified" but its not what people mean when they talk about modding, lowering yes, sports zaust yes but stickers?? no, my tint?? no.

As for offending, don't worry about it, Like I said I noted your smilies well enough to know you were joking, its all good. We are all here to shhot **** about our cars, we all like talking them up and we all have a common love (Corolla's) dun worry about it, its only a forum anyway :).

;) Ive read about enough here,. I think it's time we stop the B******G and just post some useful info. My opinion, if you like the Hands On Stuff, do it youself, if not take the car in to a mechanic. Simple. I personally prefer to do thing myself if i can, otherwise let someone else do it, or give Peekay a ring :D.

My opinion, if you like the Hands On Stuff, do it youself, if not take the car in to a mechanic. Simple. I personally prefer to do thing myself if i can, otherwise let someone else do it, or give Peekay a ring :D.

Hey lucio you better explained it than I did...

Will remove foot from mouth... :lol:

:lol::lol: :D hahaha :blink::blink:

Sorry I even posted this topic, never knew it would cause a scene...hehehe.

About the changing oil urself...I can change it myself and been doing so for the past years with my old car. i just worried about the warranty. If they find that I did change it myself then they would void warranty.

I'll give the group hug a miss....someone may have the urge to feel me!

I am shy...:wub:

When you do something to your car that changed the way it drive, that is modification. Bodykit and stickers is more like a dress-up, but there are bodykits that alter the aerodynamics of the car so that can also be considred as modification. That is my opinion.

FFS this is turning into the baby sitters club.

And as if exec really meant for you to get out of the car scene, hes not that stupid it was all in fun. But i can see where you would have taken it wrong.

HOWEVER.

EXEC id like to share something with you. I think your ideas on saving fifty dollars and doing it yourself arent always the best. You see IMO if your going to go out and fork $30,000 dollars on a new car, What the hell is fifty dollars extrA? its peanuts. ANd for someone who doesnt know what theyre doing with cars, really I dont see how you could convince them otherwise.

Personally I think we bitch and moan way too much here, complaining about 10, 20, and fifty dollar differences over $30,000 dollar cars is silly.

thats true sharmz however i change my oil every 5000kms myself not because im stingy and dont want to pay 50 -100 bucks its just that if i do it i know it gets done and done properly, my example is a simple thing like the sump plug washer which is replaced with every oil change, well mine was missing when i changed my oil and the service was done by a dealership.

my 2 cents worth

peace out

• 2 weeks later...

If the oil filters real tight, and wont move by hand, Repco have a special extra small 3 claw clamp remover, specially for our tiny filters, (used to clamp from under the filter) at $23.99.

It's same as the Dealers use, and is used with a 6" 3/8th extension and ratchet, it works perfectly every time.