If I park my Camry for a month or two will it flatten a battery?

Smiling

I am going to overseas for a month (two months max) and park my car (2004 Camry V6) - will I find a flat battery when I am back?

It might if you have alarm turned on. Either or just disconnect the neg terminal from the battery and it should be fine. Also have to depend on the age of the battery

Fair to say my battery is more than 6 years old and I have left it un-touched for more than 2 weeks at any one time for a few times as I travel often for work and I did not encounter any problems. But I can't say the same for everybody.

There have been discussions here before of battery going flat for new cars or near new cars.

;)

thatz right, depends on the age of your battery, last time i went to overseas for 1 month, the battery has died when i came back. Since i replaced old battery, i left my car for even two months, i still can start the car very eaily.

I am going to overseas for a month (two months max) and park my car (2004 Camry V6) - will I find a flat battery when I am back?

you can disconnect neg or ya can fit an ISOLATER SWITCH either ways ok.maybe you could also give it a little charge when ya get home,overnight should do it.

Just remember if you disconnect the battery, you'll lose clock/stereo settings and may need the security code (if it's a standard head-deck) to use it again.

I remember coming back from Thailand after 2 weeks and the battery was gone... I believe the battery was on it's last legs anyway.

Just unhook the Neg terminal... as mentioned before, any settings will be wiped. This could also be good as your ECU will be reset and will start to learn your current driving habits :)

• 3 months later...

Also depends on the type of battery. Deep cycle ones can be left for ages, ie half a year and still be able to start on first go. :) I dont like the disconnected thing as I lose all the settings in the headunit. I'd much rather buy a cheap,small trickle charger and just leave that on it for the duration.

• 9 months later...

have just returned from a long overdue vacation.

a day before I left I got a car outside and had been listening music with a engine on for half an hour to charge battery to the max.

didn't disconnect it.

been away for 30 days, got back home, turned the key - and viola! my Camry started as smooth as usual.

love that car!!!