TRD Springs on Sportivo

mslun

I thought I should better start off a new thread since this is a different topic.

cont'd from here

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...st&p=314658

TRD spring out of the trd aurion (not aftermarket trd) will lower it 15mm

Does the stock TRD spring direct fit on my sx6 tho? Just got off the phone from Toyota parts and they said can supply the coil.

Another problem is, I'm not sure if we were talking about the same thing, he kept asking if I want the "coil" while I told him I want the "spring" - coil / springs same thing but different term? So he sent me the diagram and ask (I've attached the diagram). I'm no expert at all, pls help :P

******Update********

Just got the email back from them and yes we were talking about the same thing, part number is #48231, so the questions left are

#1 does it fit on the sx6? and if it does,

#2 Any other part that I will need to get it install?

Thanks again fellas

i posted in the other thread before i saw this one... so just a copy/paste of what i wrote there... :)

just ask them to check if the part number of the sx6 and the trd shock absorber is the same or not...

if its the same, then it'll fit...

if the part numbers are different, then you'll most likely need to replace the shocks as well... and if thats the case, then you might have to change other things that come off the shocks if the mounting points are different...

i cant see that being the case, but just giving you a 'worst case' scenario... :)

Thx Man I might call them again and check it out.

I also found there was a thread in TN about a guy put the TRD springs into his Camry, not sure which TRD springs he got tho

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=272954

I've also been thinking... by changing the springs only with the same shock, does it cause much damages ?

The SX6 shock is the same as the TRD's externally (even gen 4 Camry's are the same). The valves in side will be tuned differently to suit the TRD spring compared to the SX6. If you want to do it properly get the TRD shocks as well. All the other parts will swap over (top mounts, bump stops etc).

The TRD springs they talk about on TN are "aftermarket" TRD springs with a 1 inch front drop and 1.4 inch rear drop.

The SX6 shock is the same as the TRD's externally (even gen 4 Camry's are the same). The valves in side will be tuned differently to suit the TRD spring compared to the SX6. If you want to do it properly get the TRD shocks as well. All the other parts will swap over (top mounts, bump stops etc).

The TRD springs they talk about on TN are "aftermarket" TRD springs with a 1 inch front drop and 1.4 inch rear drop.

So you mean it should directly replace the stock SX6 springs if I'm not mistaken it ? :o

I got quoted from Toyota $460 full set, quite tempting if they really do fit

Edited by mslun

So you mean it should directly replace the stock SX6 springs if I'm not mistaken it ? :o

Yep! The TRD's have the 15mm lower & stiffer spring and shocks valved to suit. Otherwise they are interchangeable.

Yep! The TRD's have the 15mm lower & stiffer spring and shocks valved to suit. Otherwise they are interchangeable.

Cool :)

I'm gonna ring up and order it tomorrow from Toyota.

See how long the stock absorber will last - once its ****** then I have all the excuses in the world for coilover :D