Dash Rattle - Very Strange

I had my car in for it's 45k service today.

I didn't look at the bill as my company that I work for pays for the servicing but I keep a copy and I didn't have time to discuss anything with the Toyota dealer.

I was looking at it tonight and they say " Rattle detected in Dash during road test, clips ordered, customer to be advised"

This would be great for me, except I had the dash rattle way back and was one of the first to have the Toyota "fix"

My Aurion SX6 has a few annoying rattles, but I have grown used to it and my new sounds fixes most distracting noises :rolleyes:

but I am wondering whether I should let them go ahead and do it again or am I looking for trouble having the dash ripped out again - it's been out twice in it's life so far?

This is a reasonably common issue, but is quite easily resolved from the warranty-covered repairs from Toyota...

A quick search for "rattle":

My dash rattle finally fixed

rattle in dash

Center console sqeak, rattle and noise.

I'd recommend you take a look through these links, as this topic has been covered quite often. If it's done properly by the dealer, the rattles for the most part should disappear.

In reply to PaulMT: Prior to Toyota detecting these dash rattles on your recent service, ever since you had the first 'fix', have you personally noticed any extra yourself? If you haven't, then I would leave it as is. If you did notice that the dash rattles weren't resolved though, then you can think about whether you want to get it re-done or not.

i know a few ppl with dash rattles in ther aurions. is this a common problem?

How did you manage to double post 21 minutes apart?

I had my dash rattle fixed on my last service, however due to that being fixed it developed into a centre console creaking sound as i braked, turned corners and god knows what haha...

Turns out that's a common fault too, the plastic mounts that mount the centre console to the chassis either crack or snap, causing movement. Mine have all completely snapped and yeah you can just move it around now. They have got replacement parts for me and I'm going to take it in probably this week sometime.

In reply to PaulMT: Prior to Toyota detecting these dash rattles on your recent service, ever since you had the first 'fix', have you personally noticed any extra yourself? If you haven't, then I would leave it as is. If you did notice that the dash rattles weren't resolved though, then you can think about whether you want to get it re-done or not.

I didn't mean to kick off another "dash Rattle" thread and I realise I now I shouldn't have used that heading :blink:

When I went in to have my service I told them there was a bit of a rattle coming from the drivers "B" pillar so I was surprised to see the dash thing raise it's head again.

DJKOR your right, I won't be having the dash pulled out again. It is basically fixed though this Aurion is by far the rattliest car I have had for many years. I forgive all this because it's so much fun to drive and a cool looking car all round.

I am surprised their records didn't show that they had done the Toyota Clip thing but in any case I'll go talk to them and tell them the error they have made.

One thing that is coming out of the "hard times" we are supposedly in is that the dealers are definitely trying to pick up their game. I don't get the car service by the dealer I bought it from because their competition is closer to my work, but both are mailing me all sorts of deals to get my business. Might be a good time to go and talk about a Lexus with them :D

i know a few ppl with dash rattles in ther aurions. is this a common problem?

How did you manage to double post 21 minutes apart?

LOL magic. :D

seriously though, my computer does some really weird **** :help: