Altezzas

Nothing displays one's taste and automotive maturity like aftermarket Altezza lights... :rolleyes:

i know that :P

thats why i don't want them... :lol:

for anyone that likes them lolz haha :yahoo:

Evo

To me, Altezzas are the following:

"Hey look at me, I've taken the tail-light style of a car which didn't exactly gel in the first place and applied it to my car, with a liberal dose of even-worse, just to make it complete"

I hate "altezza-style" tail-lights, even these days I look at the rear end of an IS200 and shake my head, not because it looks bad (I don't think it looks great either) but because of what it has spawned. To me, the only clear tail-lights that look semi decent are first-gen Mazda 2 and Mazda 6 lights (from the factory too not aftermarket)

To me, Altezzas are the following:

"Hey look at me, I've taken the tail-light style of a car which didn't exactly gel in the first place and applied it to my car, with a liberal dose of even-worse, just to make it complete"

I hate "altezza-style" tail-lights, even these days I look at the rear end of an IS200 and shake my head, not because it looks bad (I don't think it looks great either) but because of what it has spawned. To me, the only clear tail-lights that look semi decent are first-gen Mazda 2 and Mazda 6 lights (from the factory too not aftermarket)

I agree with hiro,

but what about clear-style 'stock' tailights??

instead of having the red looking tailights... they would be clear and super-reflective :P

that would look good :D

Evo

I cringe everytime i see those abominations.. even on cars that it came factory for i.e. is200, mazda 6 etc.

I have never seen it look good.

Makes the car look so TACKY and CHEAP looking.

Ive been doing a fair bit of research on it, and its very time consuming not to mention expensive.

If i can get my hands on another set of tail-lights ill do something, but till then its all in the head.

Your looking at around 150 leds each tailight, and decent quality leds are around 70c each. Then you have the boards, resistors, control boards and finally plugs if you want it to be plug and play.

as i could not find these taillights for the corolla sedan i put leds into the tailights as well as parkers .

the following went in

Toyota Flasher Unit

4 BAU155 Amber Flasher LED275MD

2 BAY15D red Stop/taillight led 275md

2ba155White resversing 18md led

the effect is good :D :D

i had this done when the car was in the auto electrican getting the headlights and indicators done.

might one day consider adding extra lights into the taillights.

here are the other parts i had done

Extreme Phillips globes for Low Beam

Feston Blue led for interior light

hp3 Blue vision globes for high beam

led globes for side indicators number plates and parkers

smoked indicators .

Nothing displays one's taste and automotive maturity like aftermarket Altezza lights... :rolleyes:

Picture025.jpg

warning do not do this to your car, this is not my car i have no affiliation with this car nor do i know who owns it

clear tail lights can look good but has to be done in conjunction with other mods like shaved bootlid/tailgate, which is what i presume the owner above was going to do but got lazy.........note spacesaver rim on left hand side.... :P

I use to see one on a Black Stivo on Ferntree Gully Road every morning with one + 1 of em.

Thank god i don't have to anymore .....

That guy's fully sik, he even has a canon...

Do a skid!

Gav.

:o :o :o :o :o :( :( :rolleyes:

Any sicker and there would be some vomitting.

Seriously though the altezzas look better on darker cars as Mr Spillage has shown White or silver looks too washed out. Also there are several different styles of Altezza around for the ZZE some look good and some look dodgy as.