reverse Parking sensors

Tigz

All they seem to do is annoy me - they just beep and beep whether there was something behind the vehicle (curb / car / pole / anything) or nothing. I only stop when it constantly beeps.

Whats your experience with them?

Has anyone installed a reverse camera - does it come with infra-red - night thing!!! What's that like, better than the sensors?

- I can reverse the vehicle fine without the sensors, but parking in the city is a nightmare if you don't have some sort of assistance, the spots are just a fit.

All they seem to do is annoy me - they just beep and beep whether there was something behind the vehicle (curb / car / pole / anything) or nothing. I only stop when it constantly beeps.

Has anyone installed a reverse camera - does it come with infra-red - night thing!!! What's that like, better than the sensors?

- I can reverse the vehicle fine without the sensors, but parking in the city is a nightmare if you don't have some sort of assistance, the spots are just a fit.

Hi

Put one on my new rav4 zr6 not worth the money always forget to look at it rev lights light it up at night .

• 2 weeks later...

I have a camera & sensor kit fitted, hardly use the camera, but the sensor beeps are useful in tight spots. The rear bumper on my 08 upgrade model is not flat and vertical but like a tilted figure 7, so the installation guys couldn't fit the 2 central sensors as they would constantly detect the ground. Maybe that's your problem?! I finally do away only 2 sensors on the outside -> could miss something small directly behind the car (like a pole). A bit annoying with the rear bumper "upgrade". Anyone has a solution?

I have a camera & sensor kit fitted, hardly use the camera, but the sensor beeps are useful in tight spots. The rear bumper on my 08 upgrade model is not flat and vertical but like a tilted figure 7, so the installation guys couldn't fit the 2 central sensors as they would constantly detect the ground. Maybe that's your problem?! I finally do away only 2 sensors on the outside -> could miss something small directly behind the car (like a pole). A bit annoying with the rear bumper "upgrade". Anyone has a solution?

Makes a bit of sense, - my ravii is the upgrade 08, (with the face-lift),,,I'll check with the dealer on these sensors / direction when I take it in for maintenance. I mean, with all the beeps that happen, I'm simply paying extra attention to them, - so far, no bumps into anything thankfully.