sport seats

MR 988

hey everyone, i am thinking to get two new front sport seats for my car, i found one seller from ebay, they got leather seats for $400,is that a good price? and my another idea is get the leather seat cover for all seats, but it will cost much more, around $900., for that price, i probably can do re-trim. so any suggestions for me? thanks guys.

hey everyone, i am thinking to get two new front sport seats for my car, i found one seller from ebay, they got leather seats for $400,is that a good price? and my another idea is get the leather seat cover for all seats, but it will cost much more, around $900., for that price, i probably can do re-trim. so any suggestions for me? thanks guys.

any seat retrimming in leather done for $900 won't be very good quality in my opinion.

see if you can grab some azura seats from a wreckers? or leather sportivo seats (has sportivo logo embossed), but theyre VERY hard to come by.

leather seat covers would work, but it'd have to be the special ones than have the stitching compatbile with srs side airbags

Edited by lateralus

As anything goes - you pay for what you get.

If you get replacement seats, make sure they're a reputable brand and also make sure they're legal too. If I'm not mistaken, you'll need to get the car certified by an engineer to make sure it adheres to Safety Regulations.

A nice set of Recaros would be aweome..

Even sports seats that cost $400 EACH, won't be as comfortable as what you have in the Camry now. Putting cheap $400/pr sports seats in your car would ruin your car on several levels IMO.

I think you would be better off getting in touch with that guy on eBay that does leather seat retrims for $600. Search for "Toyota Leather", and I'm sure you will find some of his auctions.

He can even do embossed/stitched logos of your choosing, and quilted, pleated, multi-coloured finishes if you want.

Cheers, Gav.

Im pretty sure though when you start pushing towards the topic of SPORT or PERFORMANCE Comfortable is generaly Always lost.

There used to be a online shop for Recaro Seats, Legit Auto Sport parts but i cant remember wich one. If i find it will post it up again.

Depending where you are located > theres a few spots in Adelaide that make furniture and recliners... i had my old Alfa Seats re leathered at one of these spots > didnt cost much either around $400 with leather

hey, where is the side airbags? are they on the seats?

You have a 4cyl Sportivo don’t you? If so you don’t have side airbags.

But in the V6 they are in the lower part of the backrest in the side of the seat.