Help With my car

Hi pplz,

Im doing up a 1986 toyota celica and im about 2 get my p's so i cant use turbo any other ways i could do it up.

But i also race 1 and i need tips on how 2 get all horses out of the motor and cams and parts etc. 2 buy.

Money is no option :P !!!!

my race celica so far has full fat pipes exhaust sytem comin just afta left front tyre and extractors and cold air induction im lost on wat else i can do.

post-9383-1241823792_thumb.jpg

post-9383-1241823855_thumb.jpg

post-9383-1241823913_thumb.jpg

Unless you're prepared to spend BIG (I'm talking say a $10k budget), don't bother. There is a decent amount of work required to go into a NA 3S build, but the gains can be up there if you do it right.

Exhaust and extractors won't give you much more than say 5fwkw, if you want to make big power you'll need a full forged + raised compression rebuild with absolutely everything toleranced and lightened. If you're racing them and just starting out, I would be spending my money on upgrading brakes and suspension first. The brakes and stuff from a ST165 should bolt right up, if you want to more out look at ST185/ST205 stuff. I don't know if it will be a bolt on deal, but it will fit. Start stripping interior bits you don't need, get some decent aftermarket seats then go all out with sway bars and strut braces.

Building a race car isn't anywhere as easy as people think it is, and will cost twice as much as any estimate.

Edited by the_random_hero

Unless you're prepared to spend BIG (I'm talking say a $10k budget), don't bother. There is a decent amount of work required to go into a NA 3S build, but the gains can be up there if you do it right.

Exhaust and extractors won't give you much more than say 5fwkw, if you want to make big power you'll need a full forged + raised compression rebuild with absolutely everything toleranced and lightened. If you're racing them and just starting out, I would be spending my money on upgrading brakes and suspension first. The brakes and stuff from a ST165 should bolt right up, if you want to more out look at ST185/ST205 stuff. I don't know if it will be a bolt on deal, but it will fit. Start stripping interior bits you don't need, get some decent aftermarket seats then go all out with sway bars and strut braces.

Building a race car isn't anywhere as easy as people think it is, and will cost twice as much as any estimate.

thx for the help i alrdy have stripped all the interior and and we found a nice 3sgte engine we mite buy and put in it