My engine drive belt is not from Toyota!!

Hi all,

I recently got an engine wash and noticed for the first time that the belt on the engine had a Mitsubishi logo, part number, etc. :blink: I'm reffering to the main long belt that runs everything. Is this normal? One person said that the manufacturer of my belt doesn't matter as long as it fits. I find it hard to believe that this belt was put there by Toyota at the factory :huh: . I'm really experiencing a lot of skidding noises from the belt and I'm worried. :( Can someone give me the part number for the correct belt for my car?

Thanks

That just can't be right !  :o

Call in to Toyota as soon as you can.

Thats the same reaction I had. I'm calling Toyota Jamaica first thing in the morning. I suspect foul play :angry: . A month after I bought the car, the AC compressor jammed suspiciously and because I didn't buy the car brand new from Toyota I had no warranty :( . The car dealer agreed to help me get a new one through thier conections and install it free. <_< I guess thats when they bitched up my car. :angry: I've been having problems with the belt after spirited driving ever since. Its just now that the belt stopped in a position that exposed the Mitsubishi logo :angry: I hope getting the right belt doesn't create new issues.

I think you'll find guys that Mitsubishi are actually the 3rd largest rubber manufacturer in the world behind Goodyear & Dunlop

I've actually had quite a lot of dealings with Mitsubishi Gas and Mitsubishi Chemicals through my old job and yeah, they are HUGE. Mitsubishi Automotive is just a small sector of the Mitsubishi Name. But the 4 or 5 companies that share the Mitsubishi name are all treated as seperate entities and managed differently hence the reason why Mitsubishi Motors is in trouble, the other sectors are not going to bail them out.

There is also Mitsui Chemicals which are not to be confused with Mistubishi (they are fierce rivals and WILL result in fist fights if you mention either around the other!!!)

Maybe they're like fridges, one company makes all or most of the products and other companies stick their names on them before sale or fitment.

Hey westerntoyotatechnician. Are u who I think u are. Ur name starts with N. If so nice to see u made it to the forum. ;)

Guys, this man helped me out with a lot of issues that couldn't be resolved at Warren Toyota. What a sik bloke. :D

It's good that u joined the forum man, we can certainly use a bit of ur expertise. Enjoy ur stay!

It is definately Mistuboshi, I work at a Toyota dealership and we use their drive belts quite often. toyota often uses these as genuine parts. same as they use DENSO for Air conditioning systems, but still classified as a Toyota genuine part.

Thanks for clearing this up for me. :D