gen 4 Torque rod

addy287

I've seen now a few people putting torque rods on the cars and wanted to know wot they actually do..

how much they cost...

where i can get one...

can i install it myself...

any help will be appreciated

Are you torquing (:P) about an Engine Torque Dampers? If so, the Camry has a fixed torque rod already. I'm not sure adding a different type would make much difference on your car, except add vibrations. This is the stock one as seen on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Toyota-Camry-Apollo...93%3A1|294%3A50

Gav.

Are you torquing (:P) about an Engine Torque Dampers? If so, the Camry has a fixed torque rod already. I'm not sure adding a different type would make much difference on your car, except add vibrations. This is the stock one as seen on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Toyota-Camry-Apollo...93%3A1|294%3A50

Gav.

isn't that an engine mount?

the one im thinking of looks like this

edit: ok it didn' work but its of auscam

http://auscam.org/forum/index.php?topic=132.0

if the owner of the car wants the link removed, let me know

Edited by addy287

Adam, our Yankee mate (aka ASG14) got a few custom made for us at Auscam. They're suited for V6s only. They're to help with direct power off the line and to prevent/stop wheel hop. Apparently the lads that have them installed love them... seem to work a treat.

Mine costed me around 70 bucks. Adam shipped about 5 or so over from the US, I'm yet to install mine (slack as hell) but have been told by the others to hurry up and get it installed because they're heaps of fun :P

Adam said that "It keeps the wheels more planted to the ground, as it reduces transmission movements." Hence putting more torque down on to the road. I've got one sent to me by Adam too.

Edited by STYLSH

haha, thanks guys.

Yeah, they basically said it all. I actually make 2 different ones, but the only one's I have (or will) mass produce were the tranny ones.

IMG_1610.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

th_MVI_0758.jpg

They'll have to come from the States.. not sure if he's got any made up/being made, but yeah.

Anthony, what difference have you noticed mate?

I'll let you know after I get my car back from major surgery some time this week!

haha, thanks guys.

Yeah, they basically said it all. I actually make 2 different ones, but the only one's I have (or will) mass produce were the tranny ones.

IMG_1610.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

th_MVI_0758.jpg

WOW!! thats a big difference. does it have any annoying rattles or vibrations as a sideaffect?

btw my pants are wet from hearing ur S/C lol :blush:

Thats my friends Camry, lol. He's putting down a lot more power then I am is why I made the upper rod for him.

That upper one does cause a lot of noise vibration, which we ended up figuring out how to stop mostly.

The tranny torque rod does not have any bad side effects, except some people have managed to snal the upper mounting bracket. But if you had a local junkyard you should be able to get another one cheap there. Thats the only bad. There is currently a bracket being designed that shouldn't break.

I'm not sure adding a different type would make much difference on your car, except add vibrations.

Well, adding a solid unit certainly makes a difference! :o And even more vibration than a damper type would do. :P

I'm not surprised the upper mount is breaking off with the tranny mount too. That's where the most movement is.

Good luck with those, but personally I think they need a much more significant bushing diameter on the end links.

Cheers, Gav.

There are probable like 75-100 people with these in North America. If you have a 5-speed tranny, it stops wheel hop. It is needed when your putting down a decent bit more then stock power. Most of us that have actually broken the upper mount are SuperCharged, but it;s the price you pay for modding any car.

I hope they're having good continued success with them. It's great to see parts come out for gen3's. I'd still prefer a damper type myself however, less additional vibrations. :)

The gen3 Camry I have the joy of maintaining would be nice enough with new stock engine mounts. It dances around like jelly at the moment, and blown shocks don't help. :(

Gav.

The only reason this Gen 3/4 stuff is being made is thanks to Adam himself... he's the one who gets them made up!

Got a few things from this bloke... all for making my car unique :)

^ I know someone that will be selling a TRD 1MZ SC. Wanna be one of the few to pop it onto the 3VZ? :-D

*drools*

You tell me how to do it and I'll let ya know :P hahahaha.

I'd have to get the brakes redone... re-do the Head Gasket... lol... make sure the tranny's all good... lol'ing at the amount of possible work to be done :)

If our dollar got better, I would definitely think about it for sure... haah