Headlight Playing up

addy287

My headlights are playing up. sometimes they just dont turn on, the parkers will.....then after u turn on/off and fiddle with high beams and such they go on......

i changed the bulbs a couple of months ago and it has been fine up until about 2 days ago when it started happening.

anyone know how to fix it? or how to use the diagnose problem thing?

please help, its dangerous to drive at night now and the cruise it tonight :help:

Sounds like a dicky switch to me. Ether that or possibly a relay is faulty. When you put the lights onto high beam (and the light not come on) dose the little blue indicator come on the dash? If so I would say its a relay, if it doesn’t it maybe the switch.

Sounds like a dicky switch to me. Ether that or possibly a relay is faulty. When you put the lights onto high beam (and the light not come on) dose the little blue indicator come on the dash? If so I would say its a relay, if it doesn’t it maybe the switch.

can u point me in the direction of where the headlight relay is? and how to fix it?

on the very far passenger side of your engine bay is a long, rectangular fuse box next to the battery - the headlight control relay is in there. on the lid of the fuse box is a map of what each fuse is and the amperage required

Edited by lateralus

on the very far passenger side of your engine bay is a long, rectangular fuse box next to the battery - the headlight control relay is in there. on the lid of the fuse box is a map of what each fuse is and the amperage required

found it.

it had sum brown sludge on the connecters.

i did my best to clean it, anyone suggest a good/cheap cleaning agent i can use....metho?

I use this stuff I got from Jaycar called "CO Contact Cleaner". There is a spray that you use to clean PCBs and the likes... use it at work a lot on PABX systems.

I'd suggest cleaning the connecter as much as possible and also checking the switch that you use to turn the lights on/off. I had a problem with the indicators not working correctly (moving the stick up/down was getting more stiffer) and got a lil bit on the turning part of the headlights and stuff... seems to be working smoothly now :)