Dash Paint....

Moto

Has anyone on here painted the dash in their Aurion? I ask as I'm not a fan of the big silver plastic centre section and am thinking about paiting the lower half a darker colour.

I did do a search but didn't find anything....

Cheers,

Steve

Has anyone on here painted the dash in their Aurion? I ask as I'm not a fan of the big silver plastic centre section and am thinking about paiting the lower half a darker colour.

Cheers,

Steve

Hey mate,

Actually wanted to try myself especially since I bought a double din facia but then I realized I'd have to make the rest of the middle dash that colour... I might oneday/soon and I'm thinking of making the theme, red and black (not he red that the TRD has :P)

I did it before in a Supre I had a number of years ago. It was a PITA because the Supra dash had a rubber sort of coating over the plastic.

With an etch primer and decent paint I reckon the lower half of the dash comes away pretty easy. I don't mind leaving the top half silver, just want to make the inside look 'less silver'. I'm thinking a nice gunmetal or black.

Red colour coding would good too. I've already got enough red i my car though :P

Cheers,

Steve

Will you be interested in dash kit? you might want to take alook at these from ebay, not sure whether they are good.. but the price is pretty reasonable..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...T&viewitem=

My concern with these is that I've never seen one fitted that hasn't been noticable and therefore looked cheap. Thanks for the link though, I didn't even know they were available :)

Looked at this for the corolla

Asked at a spraypainter he wanted something like $150 just for the surround for the instrument panel area near the steeering wheel. Also said it sratches very easliy.

But I still like the look of it.

My concern with these is that I've never seen one fitted that hasn't been noticable and therefore looked cheap. Thanks for the link though, I didn't even know they were available :)

The price range on the net is pretty wide, from about US$50 to more than US$500. What you say is true, quality of the dash kit might be questionable... Would love to see you DIY your console...

Cheers,

Steve

carbon fibre,now that would look swish.. B)

the demo TRD car that i saw at moorooka toyota (over a year ago) had that carbon fibre vinyl thing in the interior...

it looked really really good!!!

i've always wanted to do that to my car, but never had the motivation to actively find a place that could do it for me...

If I find m,yself with enough time I may have a go myself. Failing that I may just take the parts to a painter and get them done there. If/when I do it I'll be sure to get some pics and post them up :)

Go to www.soundspeed.ru the website is in russian but go to the bottom of the main screen and click on the second picture from the left, some real awesome picture gallery awaits. alot of inspiration has been gathered from it. will post if i start something

Edited by sx6er