Need some help installing headlight bulbs for 05 Stivo

Hi all,

Recently both my bulbs went out for low beams, within days of each other. I've checked my fuses and they all seem ok, high beams and parking lights all work still as well. So I've went and gotten some new bulbs but I am having alot of trouble removing my old ones. Do I need to remove my headlight? I've managed to get those little black covers off the back of the headlight to expose the bulb/plug but I can't seem to pull it out.

Anyone got any tips on how to install new bulbs into an 05 Stivo? Any help would be much appreciated.

PS: I've been skimming through threads but can't seem to find any mention of how to install bulbs

Hi all,

Recently both my bulbs went out for low beams, within days of each other. I've checked my fuses and they all seem ok, high beams and parking lights all work still as well. So I've went and gotten some new bulbs but I am having alot of trouble removing my old ones. Do I need to remove my headlight? I've managed to get those little black covers off the back of the headlight to expose the bulb/plug but I can't seem to pull it out.

Anyone got any tips on how to install new bulbs into an 05 Stivo? Any help would be much appreciated.

PS: I've been skimming through threads but can't seem to find any mention of how to install bulbs

Come to national meet. I'm sure one of us can assist.

another member who's bulbs went bust... this time from another state... must be something to do with the change in weather

anyways i've only ever replaced the bulbs for the 2001-04 prefacelift Corolla so im not sure how they're connected with the later models...

btw, do you have your owners manual?

Check your owners manual. There's a clip that goes around the bulb. You need to undo that before the bulb comes out.

Can this all be done while the headlight is still attached to the car? I've got small hands and still find trouble getting it into the space thats there.

yes!!

its a spring clip kinda, u gotta push in then slide kinda... read your owners manual and it will tell you.. should only take a min each side... no need to drive to the annual meet for it lol

I got it! Was actually really easy once I got those spring clips off which were really easy as well once you work out which way they need to go, the manual wasn't too helpful in that respect.

Thanks everyone for their input.