reset ECU & flat spot problem

Hello Peoples,

I just wanted to know how you reset your ECU do you just disconnect the battery?

also I am unsure why it is doing this but it has a flat spot if you hold it at 1/4 throttle and it sounds like it is running on empty. It sounds like its flooding or something but as soon as you boot your foot into the floor its picks up fine. Its just in one little spot. The engine is a 4age 20V blacktop

the OXY sensor is brand new so I cant imagine it being that.

any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Hello Peoples,

I just wanted to know how you reset your ECU do you just disconnect the battery?

also I am unsure why it is doing this but it has a flat spot if you hold it at 1/4 throttle and it sounds like it is running on empty. It sounds like its flooding or something but as soon as you boot your foot into the floor its picks up fine. Its just in one little spot. The engine is a 4age 20V blacktop

the OXY sensor is brand new so I cant imagine it being that.

any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Dude, do a search on this and you should find the answers, or try Toymods.org

resetting the ecu will only clear fault codes, it wont do anything else

its all a big myth how it "relearns" afterwards

1 Question Bro!!!!

Have you reset yours to disproove it? Advice from a qualified Auto Electrician that compliances imnported Toyotas seems to inform otherwise...

mmmm...

Qualified Auto Electrician advice.... :) :) :)

Advice from a dude named "Mr Revhead"... :( :( :(

Mr Revhead works for toyota in NZ and would have dealt with more Toyota imports from Japan than you can poke a stick at....

Resetting the ECU will do SFA for this guys problem. It's a botched conversion so when it goes back to the maps it's on now it will perform exactly the same.

Most of this guys issues would have been introduced by a qualified "Auto Electrician" who stuffed the wiring in the first place, leaving out the oxygen sensor with cut wires hanging loose in the bay etc.

I remember laughing a lot at that "how to reset your ECU thread". Some of the most rediculous stuff I've ever read in that one, thought I was reading the hot4's forums. I questioned Northy about his sources for his procedures too, and corrected him offline.

Edited by rollamods

cheers rollamods.

yes i work for a toyota dealer in NZ. we deal with JDM cars allday everyday.

NO toyota ever made avail to the public has an ecu capable of "learning" its all hard wired into the ecu. if they were capable of learning, why would you need another ecu when turboing etc? B)