Can't Install Megan Racing Strut Bar

OK, so I went through all this trouble getting my mate to bring one over from the US all the way to New Zealand and this shat happens.....

Brake fluid is in the way! I then realize I have a Japanese Domestic Model. Any mods I can do? I don't want to give up without a fight!

img0026ab.jpg

The part number is MR-SB-TCO01.

This is how a strut bar WOULD fit my car:

600x4501244984970795121.jpg

Picture of the Megan Racing Strut Bar:

98802652.jpg

This is the auction I got it off: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...;category=33591

/me ----> Depressed****

Would this fit any of your cars? Anyone want it?

That wont fit any cars in Australia... You could fabricate new brackets for the strut towers or modify the current ones to move the bar towards the front of the bay.

Any ideas as to how I may do that?

All i can suggest is that you do abit of diy and change that vertical round piece.

Cut it off and put a horozontial holder on it.

Edited by mrcrazyrolla

Isn't Megan Racing some bull**** chinese brand? If it is throw it in the bin.....

If not then I wouldn't even bother with going a remote master cylinder just to fit a strut bar. A bit more hassles you wont need if you got a strut bar that was fitted to your model car.

Since the strut bar looks adjustable in length. Take some measurements to see if it is possible to break the welds and have it re-welded to the mounting plates so that the bar is in front of the brake reservoir.

And I wouldn't waste time or money relocating a brake reservoir just to fit a strut brace. The Whiteline ones are cheap enough to not warrant a headache.

^this man speaks the truth :toast:

otherwise, i also agree with `Silly-Karr... IMO if it wasn't made for this model/market definitely go with parts that are known to fit if it originates elsewhere ie TRD CAI

edit: the TRD CAI was meant for the US only, but can be fitted for other models from different countries

Thanks all!

I couldn't find a way to modify the brake fluid reservoir as the inlets dictate its orientation.

Breaking the welds and re-welding would compromise the integrity of the strut bar so I ended up getting a new one from Japan.

Will post pictures when it arrives this week!