Moleys 7th Gen Celica

Mole

[Post cleaned up and updated - 15/03/10 - Current picture a few posts down]

My lil 2001 ZR, got it last September @ just under 120,000kms (would be right before a major service is due). Looking at current prices for a similar spec, year and kms, I got a good deal. Its in really good condition, the interior looks near-mint, even the cloth seats show almost no wear.

Did I mention it was automatic? I was prolly avoiding that.

Now down to business:

Model:

• 2001 ZZT231 Celica ZR

Performance Modifications:

• 2.5" Stainless Mandrel Bent Exhaust, Magnaflow straight through 'no restrictions' muffler and resonator (pics below). High flow cat.
  • PPE Tuned Length Race Headers. Mild steel, ceramic coated.
  • Injen CAI

Performance Modifications Coming Soon:

• PowerFC - Just waiting on harness to be tested and sent my way.

Wheels:

• 17x8 +35 O.Z. Racing Crono HT
  • 235/40/17 Sumitomo HRT Z II. Miles better then my old Toyo Teo+'s.

Visual Mods:

• None. I like it stock.
  • Lowered on Kings. Unknown type or drop - on car when purchased.
  • Do the 'classic' plates count?

Audio:

• Alpine CDE-9882Ri Head Unit w/ full iPod Integration (cept the bugger wont charge my 2nd gen iPod Touch! need $90 adapter...)
  • Hertz Dieci 165 Front Splits.
  • Alpine 12' S-Type Sub.
  • Alpine MRP-F300 Amp.

Extra pics:

Dynamatt, which turned my spine into goo by the time I was one. Still need to do the hatch, ran out of Dynamatt and I suck to much to do it properly. Can see my miniature amp in this one too:

meinbackissore.jpg

Edited by Mole

• 1 month later...

Whats this? An update? Heaven forbid...

Been meaning to put up a pic of the CAI. Note the expertly retrofitted stoppers-made-out-of-spare-tube. Big hole doesn't come with one, little hole did... but CK1 still has it. Assumed he still needs it, will get new stoppers later.

For those who don't know about 7th gen CAIs - you pretty much cant see the filter unless you peel away wheel well plastics, I do have a pic that can just see it, if anyone is wildly interested.

Got a new windscreen too, previous one got smashed with a brick by some ******* last Friday (as some of you may have read). Got a pic of the damage, only camera-phone tho.

Note to self: Buy new better looking less bendy (if you saw the rest you would know what I mean) vacuum tubes and cable ties for said tubes.

post-14139-1248354037_thumb.jpg

post-14139-1248354054_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mole

oh man, alot of bad luck to many of our members lately. these fk heads are ****** me off. they are jealous that they dont have a pride as good as yours. geez....

anyway,good mods coming along ey? i just love ur headlight mate :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

New bits installed:

exhaust1.jpg

exhaust2.jpg

SS mandrel bent 2.5"

1 SS Magnaflow 4x9x20" straight through oval muffler

1 SS Magnaflow 4x4x14" straight through round muffler

1 Magnaflow Hi-Flow spun metal cat

1 Magnaflow ****y stainless steel tip

PPE Race Headers Ceramic Coated (chrome)

Price: way to much.

Old exhaust and headers are up for sale in the for sale section. Pics up tomorrow of old exhaust.

Sound clip up of this one once the ECU has adjusted and its burnt in a bit. It sounds -nice-.

Haha, that would have cost queit abit. Is it queiter then your old setup and less raspy? LOL. The old setup was pretty loud and raspy :P.

Yes, yes and yes.

It sounds much better, goes much better and in lift... well ill show you next Sunday if your coming.

• 1 month later...
[*]Brashboy PowerFC if I can afford, otherwise GReddy eManage.

Have you asked Booted2.0 what his harness costs, then just buy a PowerFC for cheap?

Good luck with the mods, just keep in mind with the stage 3 cams they don't seem to work very well with the DD street intake manifold (as it was designed for stock cam duration). Not to mention you'll also need to upgrade the oil pump if you want full value out of being able to rev that high.

Oh thats all really old. If I did end up doing that I would for sure upgrade the oil pump and get a new pan etc.

I've got other plans however... being a bit more ambitious.

Not sure what I will do ECU wise atm.

• 2 months later...

New wheels:

wheels.jpg

Fitment pic:

wheelsfitment.jpg

17x8 +35 O.Z. Racing Crono HT with Sumitomo HRT Z II 235/40/17 tyres.

Reasonably flush at the front, typical 7th gen at back - but much better then it was before, and better then stock! I'm very happy with it.

Prefer not to put spacers on. They'll really show as well, you can clearly see where the wheel joins the hub and its smaller then normal, so prefer not to have them. When you see them you'll understand. Doesn't really need them, not trying to get them 'hella flush' just neater.

I will most likely drop it a bit more, maybe just at the front. But that'll come with other more serious suspension upgrades which wont come for a bit yet.

Edited by Mole

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...