2005 Rav 4 battery

Ascendant Rice

Hi guys,

Last week my sisters rav wouldnt start and normally we just assumed the battery was flat due to soemthign left on so after jump starting it everythign was fine we left it on for half hour so it could regenerate we also drove for a bit. The next morning the battery is flat. I'm thinkin battery has shat itself and cant hold charge for long so my sisters been using my car for the past week ><!.

so to get to the point i want to know what type of battery it uses and where i can buy a decent one that should last a few years. any ideas?

Cheers - Will

A battery that has been run flat just to the point where it doesn't have enough charge to turn the engine over would usually take a fair bit of driving before it can get some good stable charge back. If it has been run flat by quite a bit, then there may be no hope left for it. Usually it would help if you could get your hands on a proper car battery charger and let it charge for a day and see how it goes.

If you choose/have to replace it though, most general purpose car batteries will do the trick for you. No need to go with something way over the top. When I have replaced batteries in the past, I usually just get a Bosch or Exide battery.

A battery that has been run flat just to the point where it doesn't have enough charge to turn the engine over would usually take a fair bit of driving before it can get some good stable charge back. If it has been run flat by quite a bit, then there may be no hope left for it. Usually it would help if you could get your hands on a proper car battery charger and let it charge for a day and see how it goes.

If you choose/have to replace it though, most general purpose car batteries will do the trick for you. No need to go with something way over the top. When I have replaced batteries in the past, I usually just get a Bosch or Exide battery.

thanks daryl, yeah the battery is 4 years old and a family friend also with a rav 4 said his shat itself after 4 years aswell.

thanks daryl, yeah the battery is 4 years old and a family friend also with a rav 4 said his shat itself after 4 years aswell.

4 years is not bad for a RAV4 nowadays (with modern day electronics). We just sold my wife's RAV4 and the battery in it was previously replaced after 3.5 years. We got RACQ out to do the lot...all too easy and their batteries come with good warranty, etc.