Current shape Hiace van

Oldsaltoz

I have a longish run to do so decided to check a few things including the condition of the Air Filter.

Followed the plumbing from the air inlet on top of the engine, off to the right hand side and down, then forward. Finally found the filter access wing nut right under the front bumper on the right hand side, so low it had scratches on it from hitting objects from below.

It's a short distance off the road ahead or the front right wheel. Must be an afterthought putting an air cleaner so close to the road, what will happen at speed on wet roads with spray from a truck in front?

Anyone had a problem with this? is a fix?

Cant believe it. :o

Yes, the air cleaner housing is down close to the road, that housing is fully sealed tho and no water will get into it...

The air intake is up higher and won't be sucking in any water at all so you have nothing to worry about :) ...

Yes, the air cleaner housing is down close to the road, that housing is fully sealed tho and no water will get into it...

The air intake is up higher and won't be sucking in any water at all so you have nothing to worry about :) ...

No sign of any splash guard?

Still nervous about the marks on the housing from I suspect kerb contact.

• 8 months later...

No sign of any splash guard?

Still nervous about the marks on the housing from I suspect kerb contact.

Hey mate, on my KDH201R the air filter you refer to under the bumper on drivers side is fully boxed and sealed. It has a rubber valve on the bottom that I guess would allow for water that does get in the box from further up to drain out. My guess is the member that said the air intake is up further is most likely correct. I wash my van a bit and water does go in the grill around that box and I am yet to have a problem so I wouldn't worry bout it.

However if you are banging the box on the curb, I'd suggest checking things like your tire pressure or the condition of your shockies because it sounds like that side is dipping low, I am yet to have a scratch on my front bumper let alone the air cleaner box!!!!!! Defenately keep an eye on it to make sure that it doesn't crack or something like that. But if its on the front side of the box, the air still has to go through the filter so it will only be water which will be of concern.

• 8 months later...