Servicing cost for 2003 Sportivo 2.4

SLong

Hi...

Just wondering how many of you take your Camry's back to Toyota for servicing? My family has owned a few Toyota's and have taken our cars back to the dealers for servicing for over 20 years now and the cost has always been reasonable. However, the last 2 times I took my Camry in for service has been quite expensive (the 82500km minor service and the 90000km service)... the basic service is OK but for the 82500 service they recommended a complete clean of the aircon system which cost an extra $500... and for the 90000 service, they've indentified a leak underneath the engine and labour for that is about 5 hours.

Just want to know what other Camry owners have experienced with regards to servicing cost when they bring their cars back to the dealer.

By the way, I used to own a 94 Camry 2.2 and servicing for that one was way way cheaper than my current car (part of it is probably inflation but I thought having to do a major service every 15,000 instead of 10,000 would bring the cost slightly down a bit).

Cheers,

Stein

for my 2002 camry sportivo 2.4 for my 105,000 sevice was only $130 from castlemain toyota in vic,

it was $60 cheaper then bendigo toyota my local one so i think it varies from dealer to dealer

Wow... I haven't seen that amount for servicing in a long long long while... Most of my service cost around $200... The basic cost of my 90000 service is $450 plus the fix they're doing which is estimated to be 5 hours of labour so I'll know the total when I pick up my car this afternoon (guess it'll be around the $1100 mark).

for my 2002 camry sportivo 2.4 for my 105,000 sevice was only $130 from castlemain toyota in vic,

it was $60 cheaper then bendigo toyota my local one so i think it varies from dealer to dealer

its always good to have mates who are mechanics i got my last service 60000 for 35 bucks which was new filter, oil , oil cap