Question about Vais iPod interface

Hi All,

I'm thinking about buying an Aurion (AT-X or SX6) soon, and if I do I'll probably get a Vais SL2i iPod interface installed. Some questions for those of you who have the Vais kit:

1. Does the unit function in CD-MP3 mode with the Aurion? Does this give easy access to playlists on the iPod?

2. If CD-MP3 mode doesn't work and you have to use standard CD mode, do you still get track names displayed on the head unit (ie. CD Text)?

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

I'm thinking about buying an Aurion (AT-X or SX6) soon, and if I do I'll probably get a Vais SL2i iPod interface installed. Some questions for those of you who have the Vais kit:

1. Does the unit function in CD-MP3 mode with the Aurion? Does this give easy access to playlists on the iPod?

2. If CD-MP3 mode doesn't work and you have to use standard CD mode, do you still get track names displayed on the head unit (ie. CD Text)?

Thanks in advance.

Hi there

I've got one of these (the earlier SLI model from memory) on a factory satnav system in a Prado. I'm certain the way in which it operates is exactly the same though.

It works fine in CD-MP3 mode and gives access to playlists and shows tracknames, etc on the headunit. I'm 99% confident that I have read that it works the same on the headunits similar to yours.

As a matter of interest, if things haven't changed very recently the Vais units work completely off playlists. That is, you can't select albums, artitsts, genre, etc...not a biggie for me. These units are fantastic and well worth it in my opinion. The sound quality is very good.

Cheers

Michael

I have one of the new SL2i interfaces and it works in CD-MP3 mode. You will just need to set up the playlist so there is a maximum of 99 songs, but you are able to have 99 playlists. It will keep working and playing your music if you have over 99 songs but once it hits 100+ the text gets out of sync.

It works very well and you have pretty good control of the iPod.