STEERING WHEEL DISPLAY BUTTON

Bruster

Hey there fellow members,

just wanted to find out where can i get this part, this is the steering wheel of the american Rav4 and i believe we have this feature but most probably not activated..

here is a picture:

post-368-1247208135_thumb.jpg

What do you believe that it controls? In my experience, it controls the in-dash multi-information display. If you already have this display, you should already have the button. If you don't, this button is going to be useless.

Anyway, if you are after this part, you would need to obtain it from Toyota spare parts. If Toyota Australia doesn't have it, you will need to order it from the States then. The part number you will be looking at is: 84250-42010. This is for both sides as it only comes as the pair. Said to cost around USD$150.

What do you believe that it controls? In my experience, it controls the in-dash multi-information display. If you already have this display, you should already have the button. If you don't, this button is going to be useless.

Anyway, if you are after this part, you would need to obtain it from Toyota spare parts.

I know what it controls, it controls the display unit in the centre of the gauge which if installed should display temp, and fuel consumption.

if you have driven an australian Rav4 you'll know this button is not included but quite possible for the feature to be there inactive.

So no i dont think it would be useless, in fact it would very usefull... i would prefer this over a scangauge anyday.

In your case having Aurion you wont have this problem because your Trip Computer comes standard on a Sportivo.

Possibly being the key word here. Unless you can find someone to 'borrow' their controls off, you won't know for sure. Otherwise it's a bit of an expensive guess.

Possibly being the key word here. Unless you can find someone to 'borrow' their controls off, you won't know for sure. Otherwise it's a bit of an expensive guess.

thats what im hoping for, i enquired with Toyota US but havent heard back maybe not willing to send me the part to AUS.

If the part costs less than $300 i think its still worth trying.

thats what im hoping for, i enquired with Toyota US but havent heard back maybe not willing to send me the part to AUS.

If the part costs less than $300 i think its still worth trying.

I think having the button won't necessary activate the trip computer. I've seen the trip computer in a RAV4 in Hong Kong recently and I'm quite sure that the actual LCD display in the dash is different too. It flashes "RAV4" when you start the car. And there's probably a need to install a module to connect to the car's ECU. It's all potentially expensive.