Quick Question Regarding Rear TRD Brake Pads

kizz

Hi Guys,

Just a quick one, i'm buying the DBA Slotted Rotars from Autobarn for our Corolla Sportivo's, and also the TRD Brake Pads front and rear.

I just want to confirm that even under hard constant braking, the DBA slotted rotars are sufficient enough to handle that heat?

Also, i'm not getting the rear disc's upgraded, only putting in TRD Brake pads. Will these be subject to warping under hard braking? Or, because these do such little it wont matter.

Thanks in advance.

Paul.

Edited by kizz

You need to define the circumstances which you define as constant hard braking when compared to what you will be putting them through. The DBA's handle quite a high load, but as with any rotors, giving them sufficient cooling and ample opportunity to cool down is the most crucial part in preventing them from warping.

You need to define the circumstances which you define as constant hard braking when compared to what you will be putting them through. They handle quite a high load, but as with any rotors, giving them sufficient cooling and ample opportunity to cool down is the most crucial part in preventing them from warping.

Hi DJKOR,

For me personally, hard constant braking would probably be rare if at all.

I guess it's more of a hypothetical, and just wanting to get peoples thoughts on the performance of these disc's as they've been recommended a fair bit here.

well they will definitely be better due to their 'kangaroo paw' design, just allowing more total surface area for cooling over conventional discs. so they will stay cooler for longer, but if you go full on with the braking, then still expect brake fade (depends on fluid too)

Hi Guys,

Just a quick one, i'm buying the DBA Slotted Rotars from Autobarn for our Corolla Sportivo's, and also the TRD Brake Pads front and rear.

I just want to confirm that even under hard constant braking, the DBA slotted rotars are sufficient enough to handle that heat?

Also, i'm not getting the rear disc's upgraded, only putting in TRD Brake pads. Will these be subject to warping under hard braking? Or, because these do such little it wont matter.

Thanks in advance.

Paul.

im interested in doing the same, but not putting TRD pads in the rear, just leaving them, i want slotted front rotors n TRD pads, how much u paying for the lot????

Edited by 123R-Prozak

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.

Paul.

im interested in doing the same, but not putting TRD pads in the rear, just leaving them, i want slotted front rotors n TRD pads, how much u paying for the lot????

Hey mate, sorry for not replying sooner.

Autobarn quoted me:

$229 Front L

$229: Front R

And then just bought the TRD Black Pads for $210 off ebay.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey mate,

Not sure if you ended up getting them done, but i've just been into supercheap auto and got these quotes:

DBA

..... Front: DBA759(S - Slotted) $170

(XS - Cross Drilled) $TBC

..... Rear: DBA713(S) $140

(XS) $180