My first Quarter mile run.

What can I say, its not easy the first time around. It was a hard 3 hour drive to the track through heavy rain. I didnt get a chance to do any preperation. I just drove my car from home to the track. Its not really an official track its actually an abandoned runway. I did'nt even move my fog lamp to get direct wind to the CAI. I did back to back to back runs with the AC on in between runs cause it was so hot out there. I also shifted the same way I do everyday, so I didnt get a chance to flat shift and see what difference it would make. I launched at different rpms each time and was actually geting better. Too bad I had to leave early to make that long trip home. The water I drover through was so high and heavy it knocke off my CAI pod, I noticed this morning. Oh one more thing, my car is totally stock with only the TRD CAI. Anyway here's my time slip.

post-367-1113755070_thumb.jpg

Edited by JDM RunX

it's okay mate, drag racing is not easy, esp if you're not prepared, and your car is not prepared!

just keep practicing, and another tip is... if you're not comfortable with anything (ie hearing a funny sound, or something not feeling right), stop.

What can I say, its not easy the first time around. It was a hard 3 hour drive to the track through heavy rain. I didnt get a chance to do any preperation. I just drove my car from home to the track. Its not really an official track its actually an abandoned runway. I did'nt even move my fog lamp to get direct wind to the CAI. I did back to back to back runs with the AC on in between runs cause it was so hot out there. I also shifted the same way I do everyday, so I didnt get a chance to flat shift and see what difference it would make. I launched at different rpms each time and was actually geting better. Too bad I had to leave early to make that long trip home. The water I drover through was so high and heavy it knocke off my CAI pod, I noticed this morning. Oh one more thing, my car is totally stock with only the TRD CAI. Anyway here's my time slip.

Well done :D

at least you've given it a go. Now if you want to go out and do it again you can learn from the last time.

Cougs makes a good point though if the car feels funny or sounds different hold back. I usually go out to the drags and do an easy first run with a low RPM launch and then easy smooth shifts on the gears....if the car feels good....it will let you know ....if it feels off....you will definatley know :(

So this makes you the fastest Runx in jamaica then ? ;)

oh and im concerned that the water knocked off yout POD????? dont you have it tightened up ????

JDM RunX - Well done anyway dude, as Sads said, at least you gave it ago, and untill another RunX posts a slip, then I reckoin you can claim that fastest RunX title....

don't worry about it mate. we all do frantic stuff the first time out. that's y there is practise ;) when u go there again for the 2nd time, u'll know exactly wat u want to do, how to do, and when to do it. perhaps mental preparation is just as important.

oh yeah, i think i recall watching a video of u giving ya car some stick, bouncing off the limiter b4 upshifting is not going make u faster :P

15.5 is nothing to be ashamed about! just don't u dare show your face here if your best is over 16secs! :angry::ph34r: :P

Here are some pics from the Test & Tune event. You know what was interesting, none of the Type Rs did a sub 15 pass. The quickest one did somthing like 15.0xx. Whats even more interesting is that all the Rs were modified. The one that got the 15.0xx time had flywheel, clutch, cams, intake, exhaust and tuning. My friend who drove a stock Celica GTS (he does have a steel clutch) had just installed his CAI 2 days before and his car did the fastest time of 15.0xx. I dont remember the exact figures but he beat the Type R. There was a lot of debate before Saturday about the worth and potential of the 2zz. A lot of people made fun of us and said that we we worlds apart for the Type R family. Me and my Celica friend are the only ones on the island so far who were willing to represent for the 2zz. I think we sent a good message. ;) Shock waves are still being sent around the island as my celica friend also beat the Type Rs on the highway on thier trip home and he had 3 poeple in his car :D . Too bad I live in the opposite direction. I'm glad you guys think I did well on my first try. I have since recognised a lot more areas that need improvement. Next time I'll be ready.

post-367-1113835438_thumb.jpg

post-367-1113835468_thumb.jpg

post-367-1113835503_thumb.jpg

post-367-1113835609_thumb.jpg

Another interesting thing is that my Celica friend was also a rookie and couldn't get anything under 15.8xx. It was his friend who was an experienced racer who drove his car and got the blistering 15.0xx. They were on the verge of going 14s but the had to leave early. :D

congrats mate..

I rekon the single best thing about owning a stivo is the lack of respect we get :)

now i know that may sound weird but its actually good..

cops dont treat you as a hoon

and the look on the face of some people when you absolutely murder them :D

nothing like a bit of healthy competition between the under rated 2zz and the honda boys now is there ;)

Glad to hear that you guys are turning heads ;) as are the likes of dave myself and a few others whom are getting people to notice our cars a bit more.

I recently got an invite from a honda club to meet up with them and go for a cruise :blink: