Hi Guys, i may need some help

Man+van

Yeah Its got tints, and pretty sure the presara has HID headlights as factory.

The STD rims arent too bad for now but am looking at lowering it soon.

I was meaning to ask you V-FX how your coilovers are going, what spring rate you got and how it rides?

Hi Daryl, have you got a chance to look at the car yet? It will be going under the hammer by 10AM tommorow. Don't want to miss out on the good deal :) .

Hey mate. Forget about the Aurion that is there. It's actually in the non-driveable, repairable write-off group. In the photos it looks alright, but the inside looks like it was pulled out of a creek. The boot still had water in it up to the top of the spare wheel as well.

On the other hand, there is an IS250 there still in mint condition. I had a good look at it all over and surprised it has a sticker on it saying flood affected. It smelt new inside. Engine bay was spotless, as was the underside of the car.

Thanks Guys

Yeah it was at a good price.

Cant wait till saturday when we pick it up.

Now to start modding it!

Will get some pics when i get it

congratulations from a very satisfied presara owner, remember to fill out the owners transfer form in the service manual and send it to toyota, helps a lot when getting vehicle serviced and for warranty purposes. only problem i`ve had is water leaking into the cabin through the drain tubes from sunroof, several presaras have had this problem . also push the toyota link button on roof console to sign up for toyota link : fantastic service. you get to put your car into sleep mode each night.

also push the toyota link button on roof console to sign up for toyota link : fantastic service. you get to put your car into sleep mode each night.

What is sleep mode and how do you activate it?

Hey mate. Forget about the Aurion that is there. It's actually in the non-driveable, repairable write-off group. In the photos it looks alright, but the inside looks like it was pulled out of a creek. The boot still had water in it up to the top of the spare wheel as well.

On the other hand, there is an IS250 there still in mint condition. I had a good look at it all over and surprised it has a sticker on it saying flood affected. It smelt new inside. Engine bay was spotless, as was the underside of the car.

What a shame, that Aurion was in driveable section before, i think they've just changed it.

The IS250 looks very nice, i wonder how much normally this would be at the auction, over $25k is out of my comfortable zone.

Thanks for your time Daryl.

Thanks Gnome

The car is great so far! im very impressed!

Yeah i want to find out about that toyota link bizzo. So i just push the toyota link button and have a yarn do i? does it cost anything?? if so how much?

So far i have swapped the intake hoses round and am looking for a K&N panel replacement filter, I wanted to do the coilover swap but kinda dont want to now as it rides so nice!!!

Am yet to get photo's of it as im too busy driving it! Sorry.

Cheers

Richard

Thanks Gnome

The car is great so far! im very impressed!

Yeah i want to find out about that toyota link bizzo. So i just push the toyota link button and have a yarn do i? does it cost anything?? if so how much?

So far i have swapped the intake hoses round and am looking for a K&N panel replacement filter, I wanted to do the coilover swap but kinda dont want to now as it rides so nice!!!

Am yet to get photo's of it as im too busy driving it! Sorry.

Cheers

Richard

toyota link is a free service for the first 3 years and since the presara hasn`t been around long enough, they havn`t set an annual fee yet. there are 2 buttons , one is a distress mode and the other is simply like a direct phone link to a service centre. they can track your position via satelite technology, this is very handy when your car is stolen, they ring your mobile if the vehicle is broken into then notify the police , track the vehicle till police are on scene and then immobilize the engine. how cool is that. that is what sleep mode is for. you contact toyota link via your link button , lock your car when you`ve finished driving for the night . any entry into the car during the night is detected by toyota link and you get a phone call to check that everythings a ok. how smooth is the ride and handles quite well for a prestige car eh

also push the toyota link button on roof console to sign up for toyota link : fantastic service. you get to put your car into sleep mode each night.

What is sleep mode and how do you activate it?

hi byw , i`ve detailed sleep mode in a responce to man-van

cheers gnome

Thanks Guys

Yeah it was at a good price.

Cant wait till saturday when we pick it up.

Now to start modding it!

Will get some pics when i get it

congratulations from a very satisfied presara owner, remember to fill out the owners transfer form in the service manual and send it to toyota, helps a lot when getting vehicle serviced and for warranty purposes. only problem i`ve had is water leaking into the cabin through the drain tubes from sunroof, several presaras have had this problem . also push the toyota link button on roof console to sign up for toyota link : fantastic service. you get to put your car into sleep mode each night.

what transfer form!? dang i better do mine... im on 14,600km atm in my 2007 pres hehe. first service coming up.

if u log into toyotalink now its got the cost of renewal... $240 per annum or $20 a month. not bad for an roadside assistance + free emergency calls + vehicle status monitoring + vehicle tracking.

i'll be paying by month... there is no benefit in paying upfront.

what is this sleep mode???

Edited by Freddo

Edit: I read the previous post after replying. But yeah...

toyota link is a free service for the first 3 years and since the presara hasn`t been around long enough, they havn`t set an annual fee yet.

Actually, they have set an annual fee.

What is the cost of Toyota link after the free period..is that for 3 years on the Presara

alan

I just logged into the Toyota Link website and found that my free membership will expire sometime next year (the expiry date used to be blank and does not contain a date). There is also a payment button now, so I clicked this and proceeded to make a payment (not really going ahead with the payment as it's not due till next year), so that I can find out how much I'll be charged. It turns out that you need to pay $240 per year to renew your Toyota Link subscription after your initial free period of 3 years.

oh noes i think i voided my warranty?

i havent serviced my car after the 1 year mark. but was it at the dealers when the service was due... have to double check.

How many days off were you? They would give a bit of leeway in case you can't make it there on time. When I get them to do my major services, I am sometimes 1000-2000 over the designated km, but it's still covered.

oh noes i think i voided my warranty?

i havent serviced my car after the 1 year mark. but was it at the dealers when the service was due... have to double check.

How many days off were you? They would give a bit of leeway in case you can't make it there on time. When I get them to do my major services, I am sometimes 1000-2000 over the designated km, but it's still covered.

The car was registered in September 2007 lol

and i bought it in November 2008.

• 2 weeks later...

yay rang toyota service today and booked in the service.

they will do the 30,000km service instead of the 15,000km... and warranty aint void. and it'll cost me $120. yipee!!!

told them about the surface rust on the boot and they said they will have a look at it. and they'll fix the sonar and side view mirror problem.