Hi Guys, i may need some help

Man+van

Hi to everyone on the forum.

I have been watching this forum for a while just looking for faults and how tuneable the Aurion is as i am quite keen to get one.

Most of my cars have been toyotas so i know there good, I am upgrading from a 1jz-gte 1985 cressida and want something with a bit of grunt but not with the downside of having to live next door to the petrol station! (My weekend car is a 78 mini pannel van hence my name)

I had decided on a Prodigy but i saw this car on E-bay http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TOYOTA-AURION-2008_...93%3A1|294%3A50

and was curios and thought the price had been written wrong or something was majorly wrong with it, so i e-mailed the owner and was told the price was right and there is nothing wrong with the car.

Is this too good to be true??

The car is located in VIC at Liverpool Rd,Kilsyth

I have to do a background check on the car (REVS) but so for i am quite wary

The old saying of "If its to good to be true, it normaly is" may apply here.

What do you guys think?

Cheers

Richard

I guess the only way would be if he allowed inspection. It does seem a little too good to be true. I'd ask for a photo of the odometer.

Maybe he plans to actually just use that to advertise the car but he intends to sell it for more.

A 4WD Aurion...Whoo hoo :toast:

Anw, It's barely possible to get a 2007 ATX with $13,400, let alone a prodigy with low kms...

But again, no harm in attempts.. There should be a reason why he's tryin to sell it that low, cos obviously he can sell it for more to any dealers. Why would any1 wanna make bigger loss.. :lol:

There a lot of things in the advert that dont make much sense from the price being to good to be true for a 08 model with extremely low kms to having it listed as 4wd and metallic paint which it isnt being white. I say BUYER BEWARE with this one. Also is the car where the ad says?? Being that it does have VIC plates.

Based on the VIN, the Toyota Service Advantage website lists the car as a white ZR6 (which matches the photos) and have not claimed the first 15,000km service as yet.

Congratulations! Your vehicle is eligible for Toyota Advantage.

Your vehicle details are:

VIN: 6T153KK400X318368

Vehicle Description: Aurion Sportivo ZR6 3.5L PETROL Automatic Sedan

Vehicle Colour: Diamond White

Toyota Advantage End Date: 27 February 2012

and the unclaimed services are:

Service Description Service Fee (includes GST)

17/07/2009 10:14:57

Unless you can check the car out in person and made sure it's not stolen or do not have any money owing, I would be very suspicious! $13K for a 2008 ZR6 with very low kms!!! :excl::excl::excl:

Edited by byw

This same car was advertised for $39,500 drive away at Wight's Motor World at the moment - see link below...

http://www.wights.com.au/default.cfm?fusea...ockCode=4002685

TOYOTA AURION SPORTIVO ZR6 2008

Wights Motor World Price: $39,500.00 Drive Away Enquire Now

Kms: 3000 Year: 2008

Stock #: 4002685 Registration: WSG-769

Sporty top of the range Toyota Aurion ZR6 sedan....finished in classy White duco with matching black leather trim...Powerful 3.5V6 200KW with 6 speed Automatic...Climate control...Cruise control...6 Stack CD Player...Alloy wheels....LOW LOW Kilometers and priced to CLEAR !!!....Just $39,500.00 DRIVE AWAY NO MORE TO PAY !!!!!

So it's probably safe to conclude that it is just a scam of some sort, probably not the best idea to send any money his way.

It is an eBay Classified Ad which means that all negotiations and sales are completed outside of eBay. As I said above, he's probably approached it in the wrong way to get attention to his ad. Chances are, if you show interest in it, he is going to tell you some story to bring to price up to what he wants to charge.

I'd just keep an eye out for other Aurion's out there. There are always some good deals going around.

If anyone in the Brisbane area is interested, there is a 2008 Aurion Sportivo SX6 going under the hammer at Fowles on Tuesday the 28th. It's in the repairable write-off storm damaged group and from the pictures it looks alright. I'm gonna check it out when they have it open for viewing to see what condition it really is in. It only has 7697km on the clock so depending on what level of storm damage received, it may turn out to be a good buy. Not all storm damaged cars are bad.

Hi Daryl, I'm not in Brisbane but still very interested in the Storm Damaged SX6. Could you give us a brief commend after checking the car. Thanks

Also, there is a tempting price, Ex-police with high Kms 2008 SX6 on Car Sale, not too far from Sinnamon Park, Brisbane.

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/privat...o&trecs=267

Man, can't find any good deal around Sydney area :angry: . I might have to take a trip to Brisbane

Kenny.

No worries. I have a feeling that the Aurion at Fowles may actually be in a fairly decent condition. Only drawback of that though is a lot of the other cars there were badly affected by the storms. People bid pretty crazy when it comes to things like this.

That white SX6 doesn't look too bad either. The tires seem to be in fairly good shape as well since they would have been changed like 15,000km ago.

Thanks for all the responses,

I have decided against this car.

The last email i sent her had quite a few questions in it and have had no reply back. I am in sydney so cant just pop round.

I also googled her name and E-mail address and it came back with more inconcistencies.

So to cut a long story short me and the girlfriend went out today and bought a mid 07 presara!!!

We collect it next week and i will let you know how it all goes.

Cheers

Richard

So to cut a long story short me and the girlfriend went out today and bought a mid 07 presara!!!

Wow! That was sudden news. Great purchase though. Let us know how it goes.

Congratzz VanMan, from Prodigy to Presara, it's kind of going to the next level.

If anyone in the Brisbane area is interested, there is a 2008 Aurion Sportivo SX6 going under the hammer at Fowles on Tuesday the 28th. It's in the repairable write-off storm damaged group and from the pictures it looks alright. I'm gonna check it out when they have it open for viewing to see what condition it really is in. It only has 7697km on the clock so depending on what level of storm damage received, it may turn out to be a good buy. Not all storm damaged cars are bad.

Hi Daryl, have you got a chance to look at the car yet? It will be going under the hammer by 10AM tommorow. Don't want to miss out on the good deal :) .

Kenny

Hi Daryl, have you got a chance to look at the car yet? It will be going under the hammer by 10AM tommorow. Don't want to miss out on the good deal :) .

Wrong week mate. Auction is next Tuesday. Viewing is the Sunday and Monday prior. Will probably be there on Tuesday to watch what it goes for if it is in good condition.

Thanks Guys

Yeah it was at a good price.

Cant wait till saturday when we pick it up.

Now to start modding it!

Will get some pics when i get it