Is it just me, or are 2008 Camry headlights dull ?

Forest Boy

Yes it's from an Aussie mag - I pulled it out of another forum but can't for the life of me remember which one it was !!!

Can't say I remember how old it is either .. I found it last year (2009) when looking for bulb replacements.

I have 2008 Altise, and I think there is a problem with the headlights - they are not very bright!

Hi-beam is fine.

Are projector headlights meant to be brighter than normal ones, or just more focused ?

I had a 99 Sonata before this and it's headlight's were way brighter.

I was driving around last night, and basically every other car on the road has brighter head-lights, even 15 year old hatchbacks.

We've had the car since late 2008, my wife drives it mostly, but I didn't notice until I drove it a round a few times at night. When I mentioned it to her, she says that sometimes she has to flick the hi-beams on in urban areas just to see what is ahead (yep, I explained to her it is illegal and dangerous).

I'll be taking it in for a service soon, but it will be hard to illustrate the problem in the middle of the day.

In summary, if you have a gen7 Camry, have you noticed the headlight are not very bright ?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

My Brothers 2008 Sportivo lights had the same issue. you can tilt it up which slightly improves the vision. however in the long run you may want to consider upgrading to 6000K HID lights. cost my brother $400 installed