purchased rims

Lupetto

Just bought a pair of second hand rims from a Jap import shop in Qld that i though would look decent on my Camry o4 sportivo

going to clean them up and then spray the inner 5 star patter MATT black or Glossy Black.

tell me what you think

will post pics up once ive completed the paint and install (since i have the orig wheels off i may aswell do the Calipers Red to and make them stand out)

:D

Any opinnion will be appreciated

post-12563-1248761677_thumb.jpg

I remember watching various wheels from that seller here in Queensland. I wasn't too fond of many of the designs he had available though, but I'm always keeping my eye out. Another thing as well is that a fair few of them come in staggered arrangements which means it's not something you can do a rotation on.

Those ones from what I can remember are a +30 offset. That will stick out of your guards a bit you do know. Makes it stick out even more when the wheels are 8 and 9 inches wide. Changing the offsets like that isn't usually something you should do as it increases the forces on the wheel bearing etc. It can also alter the steering geometry (specifically, scrub radius), which can cause unwanted steering effects.

I remember watching various wheels from that seller here in Queensland. I wasn't too fond of many of the designs he had available though, but I'm always keeping my eye out. Another thing as well is that a fair few of them come in staggered arrangements which means it's not something you can do a rotation on.

Those ones from what I can remember are a +30 offset. That will stick out of your guards a bit you do know. Makes it stick out even more when the wheels are 8 and 9 inches wide. Changing the offsets like that isn't usually something you should do.

Yea it was something that occured to me, they SHOULD sit just behind the guards... I hope :P

Yea it was something that occured to me, they SHOULD sit just behind the guards... I hope :P

I'm afraid they may not. There is only a good 30-35mm from where the stock wheels sit to the very edge of the outer guard.

The 8 inch wheels with a +30 offset will extend 28mm more than stock and the 9 inch wheels with +30 offset will extend 40mm more than stock.

They will either be in line with the guards, or just past it. Can't really tell till it's fitted though. But that is just asking for scrubbing.

I'm afraid they may not. There is only a good 30-35mm from where the stock wheels sit to the very edge of the outer guard.

The 8 inch wheels with a +30 offset will extend 28mm more than stock and the 9 inch wheels with +30 offset will extend 40mm more than stock.

They will either be in line with the guards, or just past it. Can't really tell till it's fitted though. But that is just asking for scrubbing.

there

Front 235/45/17 offset +30

Rear 255/40/17 offset +30

i was working off previous quote that a Wheelworx gave me a while back.

They should sit flush with the guards.

what you think?

there

Front 235/45/17 offset +30

Rear 255/40/17 offset +30

i was working off previous quote that a Wheelworx gave me a while back.

They should sit flush with the guards.

what you think?

It's not just the tire width you are looking at there. It is also the wheel width. IF they are these ones (eBay link) two of them are 8 inches wide, and the other two are 9 inches wide.

Now an edit on my previous post, with the current wheels on your Camry, the distance from the ede of the wheel to the outside edge of the guard is around 20mm on the front and 30-35mm on the rear. Now because these are staggered wheels, you would be putting the 8 inch ones on the front and the 9 inch ones on the rear.

With the 8 inch ones on the front, they will stick out 28mm more than stock. That means they stick out past the outer edge of the guard.

With the 9 inch ones on the rear, they will stick out 40mm more than stock. That means they will also stick out past the outer edge of the guard.

And as I mentioned, the aesthetics aren't the only thing you need to worry about. By changing the offset like that, you can change your steering geometry around. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. Each car behaves differently though, so this I cant comment on.

i run a +45(same as Gen5) on a Gen3 and mine are FLUSH with the front guards...+30s fit say a Pre-AU Falcon...tests fitted a set of my brothers old falcon sat out by a mile

Edited by trentmeyer23

I talked to a few boys at Tyre shops here and performance shops in Adelaide. The front will sit nicely but the rear will be to aggressive so im getting the rear flared out, will look good. Just getting quotes now.

Why havent you tried them on? or have they not arrived yet?

Still waiting for them to come down, should be here by Friday. Will put them on to see what they look like and so i can see how much and IF i need to get the rear flared out.

+30 .8 is for front is fine

but the rear are to wide at +30 .9

will post pics up for all to see what they look like before flaring and after flaring ;)

Mate, AWESOME RIMS!!!

Call me crazy but i've always LOVED wheels thrown out past the guards, even if it is going against the popo.

Flared guards don't really do it for me, but it'll keep you legal. B)

-Azza

Mate, AWESOME RIMS!!!

Call me crazy but i've always LOVED wheels thrown out past the guards, even if it is going against the popo.

Flared guards don't really do it for me, but it'll keep you legal. B)

-Azza

your not allone on that remark, i personaly love them as they make the car look aggresive ;)

but yea flared guards will help me keep the popo off me... mind you im in the country so they dont really bother me much here :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...