I have an odd noise, I would like your oppinions please!

I borught a tarago 89 3y 2.0 Auto about 3 weeks ago, I PLANNED to do some of the eas coast in, however I don't that will be ahppening anytime soon.

When I bought it, everything looked fine, honest! I've bought tones of cars before...

Anyway, besides the cold starting problem (which I think is the distributor...) There seems to be an odd noise come coming from under the drivers seat, when the cars been drive for about 15min.

Its a squeaking noise / clunky noise that only seems to happen at 20kmph+ It usually happens when im just bobing along on the road, not nesesarly when i'm going over bumps.

Any ideas on what I should check first? I'm hoping its just an engine mount, but there isnt much play on the engine (when rev'd) and the gear box changes fine.....

Suspension seems ok, we rocked the hell out of it and it didnt make a sound....

The exhaust is blowing alittle, so could it be the manifold?

I ask because i'm a pom.... and im scared of going to the mechanics without advice...

I have really been dooped on here by an american dude.... I jsut wanna fix it and get on m way now :( girlfriend is so gutted we cant do the trip.....

so, please, find it in your heart to help :)

for the record, i payed AU$2600 for a 200km tarago with 11months rego...

Edited by freelance-seo

I borught a tarago 89 3y 2.0 Auto about 3 weeks ago, I PLANNED to do some of the eas coast in, however I don't that will be ahppening anytime soon.

When I bought it, everything looked fine, honest! I've bought tones of cars before...

Anyway, besides the cold starting problem (which I think is the distributor...) There seems to be an odd noise come coming from under the drivers seat, when the cars been drive for about 15min.

Its a squeaking noise / clunky noise that only seems to happen at 20kmph+ It usually happens when im just bobing along on the road, not nesesarly when i'm going over bumps.

Any ideas on what I should check first? I'm hoping its just an engine mount, but there isnt much play on the engine (when rev'd) and the gear box changes fine.....

Suspension seems ok, we rocked the hell out of it and it didnt make a sound....

The exhaust is blowing alittle, so could it be the manifold?

I ask because i'm a pom.... and im scared of going to the mechanics without advice...

I have really been dooped on here by an american dude.... I jsut wanna fix it and get on m way now :( girlfriend is so gutted we cant do the trip.....

so, please, find it in your heart to help :)

for the record, i payed AU$2600 for a 200km tarago with 11months rego...

sounds like a suspension component. it could be the shocks that are worn out, bushings, etc. best bet is to take it to pedders for a safety check (only costs $14) and they will do a full inspection of the suspension. once the report is done, you have no obligation to get it fixed. that will help you determine what it is before getting any work done.