buying new tyre

Speed

i just purchase 2 new tyre, 2 week ago for the front. and i do Wheel Alignment too. now i wanna buy 2 more new tyre ( same brand ) for the back wheel, do i have to Wheel Alignment again ? please reply, cause i gonna do it tommorrow. it on sale. dunlop 300E. are they good tyre ? 205/65R15.

There is no need to do a wheel alignment again. Changing the tires will not undo any previous wheel alignment work. The only thing that has to be re-done is a wheel balance for the ones that get the tires changed... but that is usually included in the tire price and is standard practice.

as DJKOR said, you don't have to get another wheel alignment. however if the initial alignment wasnt on all wheels, and you havent had one for a while, i would recommend getting the rear checked. the rear doesnt require realignment as often as the front, but some people just ask for an alignment and the shop almost always does it on the front only, which results in getting uneven wear on the rear.

your choice!

thanks alots, but i am in a bad luck now, just today, i found out my car leaking oil alot, from the engine .i dont know what to do. and i dont know how much for repair ? it 98 v6 camry. done 160.000km. i scare bring to toyota dealer which cost alot of $. i only got $500. that all. it not leaking from oil filter, it from the engine on the top.

Edited by VVT-i

V6 Rocker Cover Gaskets are expensive to replace due to the labour time to remove the manifold and everything else thats in the way...

Also, with 160,000kms I'd suggest doing the timing belt, cam and crank seals, possibly water pump and everything in the one go...

for what rolla boy has suggested, at least $1200

if you dont have the money in the meantime, may i suggest using a higher viscosity oil and one of the nulon additives that temporarily help in stopping oil leaks.

thats the only thing you can do in the meantime until you get it fixed properly. parts arent too bad, but as previously meantined everything is very labour intensive, hence the high cost.

if you dont have the money in the meantime, may i suggest using a higher viscosity oil and one of the nulon additives that temporarily help in stopping oil leaks.

If you have to go this path, may I suggest the Lucas additives. Have had many good experiences with them.

As said though... only for temporary assistance.

thats the only thing you can do in the meantime until you get it fixed properly. parts arent too bad, but as previously meantined everything is very labour intensive, hence the high cost.

DIY FTW :lol:

If you have to go this path, may I suggest the Lucas additives. Have had many good experiences with them.

As said though... only for temporary assistance.

DIY FTW :lol:

cam seals, crank seals, timing belt and water pump as diy????

pass! :P

Well I've done it on my old Camry and it was only 'light swearing' difficulty. Then again, that was a 3S-FE. I reckon a V6 shouldn't be too bad... as long as the neighbours kids aren't around to hear some interesting words.

When money is tight, it's amazing what one can be willing to try.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've done it on my old Camry and it was only 'light swearing' difficulty. Then again, that was a 3S-FE. I reckon a V6 shouldn't be too bad... as long as the neighbours kids aren't around to hear some interesting words.

When money is tight, it's amazing what one can be willing to try.

Hi,

No it isn't too bad on a V6. I did it all on my 1994 Vienta, and it is a long enough job but you get there. I found

- the crankshaft pulley bolt very difficult to undo, use a big rattle gun

- rear bank spark plugs a little easier if you undo the centre rear engine mount and jack up the engine just a little

- don't forget the distributor shaft o-ring seal, it is a common source of leaks on these engines

However 2 years later (ie last week) it was again leaking oil !! This time I found a good mechanic and gave the job to him. He said the reason my efforts had failed was that I had used cheap aftermarket seals. He had learned the hard way he reckoned that you have to use genuine Toyota seals if the job is to last. He is independent, not at a Toyota dealer. Cost was $845.

The big one if it leaks is the rear main bearing oil seal, which needs the transmission dropped. Cost estimate $550. I'll let that one go !!

Cheers

Edited by GeoffW1