zr idle spike

hey all

i've only just started to notice this, but my idle seems to jump up and down a fair bit and my aircon or any of the electrics arent even on, it just sounds like it's going to die just sitting on idle any ideas? and i also spoke to my contact for my CAI and it's on the way!!! :D :D

hey all

i've only just started to notice this, but my idle seems to jump up and down a fair bit and my aircon or any of the electrics arent even on, it just sounds like it's going to die just sitting on idle any ideas? and i also spoke to my contact for my CAI and it's on the way!!! :D :D

Do you mean it jumps up and down lots of rev when you leave it idling, not when you just turn on the car right?

And I'm assuming you don't have a CAI as yours is on the way haha. CAIs apparently can affect cold starts.

So I'm not sure, mine just revs about 1.5-2k rev until engine warms up.. and idles about 0.8k rev when it's warm.

Sorry, not much help but hopefully someone out there should know.

hey all

Do you mean it jumps up and down lots of rev when you leave it idling, not when you just turn on the car right?

And I'm assuming you don't have a CAI as yours is on the way haha. CAIs apparently can affect cold starts.

So I'm not sure, mine just revs about 1.5-2k rev until engine warms up.. and idles about 0.8k rev when it's warm.

Sorry, not much help but hopefully someone out there should know.

when it's cold it does the same as yours it sits pretty high for about 1 minute or two then it go back down to normal, but when the motor is warm and start up normally it sometimes jumps up and down in between 800 and 950 and just sounds like it wants to turn off, i'll take a proper look trhough my engine bay 2moro when there is light and see if there is anything suss im assuming it might be my vacumn hose that has cracked because it has only started to happen about a day or two ago

Charlie

Hmm I will take a look tmr and see if that's normal. I don't really pay that much attention to the rev when it's idling, just know its about 800. As for the sounds like it wants to turn off, I don't notice it as I play my music pretty loud haha.

Peter.

i'll guess i'll just add onto this instead of starting a new thread....

does anyone know how to reset the ecu on the zre152? if so can i get instructions on how to do so jsut incase i may need to reset my ecu after i put in my CAI

cheers

Edited by flipsta24

when it's cold it does the same as yours it sits pretty high for about 1 minute or two then it go back down to normal, but when the motor is warm and start up normally it sometimes jumps up and down in between 800 and 950 and just sounds like it wants to turn off, i'll take a proper look trhough my engine bay 2moro when there is light and see if there is anything suss im assuming it might be my vacumn hose that has cracked because it has only started to happen about a day or two ago

Charlie

mine does the same thing, varies between 700 and 900. sometimes as low as 600. its due for it 30,000km service next month (at around 12,500km) :rolleyes:

so i'll get it checked then.

I checked the idle rev this morning, and mine idles just above 600 when warm. Did not notice it jumping up and down or sounding it was going to turn off..so can't help you there. Did you end up checking your hose?

edit: slow post, got distracted watching a supercharged m3 on the ring :lol:

Edited by dwee.

ordered my part yesterday it was $22.15 for a fuel vapour hose, it wasnt a vacumn hose.. can anyone direct me to which is the vacumn hose on the zre152? i diagram of photo would be nice

cheers