Sub Keys

sector5

Here is my story I lost a key foe a 99 Echo, took the spare down to Toyota handed them the key they ordered a replacement $60. I pick up the replacement go get it cut $20. Take it back to Toyota to get it programmed. Then they tell me I have a sub key and you cannot program a new key from it. Sounds a bit suspect to me. They tell me $2500 to change the whole security system. My question is can I get a key programmed off a sub key? If so where? If not is the a way to turn off the immobilizer so I don’t need the security key?

Here is my story I lost a key foe a 99 Echo, took the spare down to Toyota handed them the key they ordered a replacement $60. I pick up the replacement go get it cut $20. Take it back to Toyota to get it programmed. Then they tell me I have a sub key and you cannot program a new key from it. Sounds a bit suspect to me. They tell me $2500 to change the whole security system. My question is can I get a key programmed off a sub key? If so where? If not is the a way to turn off the immobilizer so I don’t need the security key?

hi sector5.. a sub key cannot be programmed coz the Toyota system will not allow you to code. when the tech plugs the MUT (Toyota computer) into the connector it will not allow the key to be coded as it recognises that the key in the ignition is the sub key and not the master key.

there are some places that do it but u will need to source around.. some locksmiths will have an aftermarket MUT that can bypass that sub key and code it but u will need to go around and look for one.

hope that helps u out.

• 4 months later...

Hello,

I am a locksmith and have just joined the Toy Club. I am shocked at the price of the keys for that. I do a copy of the Echo key for $88.00 and I can do it from the grey headed valet key. If anyone needs any please let me know.

Cheers

Paul

Hello,

I am a locksmith and have just joined the Toy Club. I am shocked at the price of the keys for that. I do a copy of the Echo key for $88.00 and I can do it from the grey headed valet key. If anyone needs any please let me know.

Cheers

Paul

Hey greenback,

wondering if u do other keys?

how about a 2005 corolla sportivo key?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Where can I get the remote module for the Yaris...? Anywhere from ebay/internet? Want to get a spare master key... but not sure if that is possible...

Hi guys

can someone give me a place in Melbourne where they make the duplicate keys from Toyota subset keys for 2007 Kluger. I have got only the subset keys and not the master. Also it does not have a remote. Is there a possibility of getting a new remote configured to the car

Hello,

Cheers

Paul

Hi paul

can you give me your details so that i could contact you to make a key for my klugger 07

regards

saj

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Cheers

Paul

Hi Mr Newbie - I have a 2004 Toyota Echo 1.3 - bought 2nd hand from Holden dealership....only received 1x remote key...went to Toyota Dealership they quoted me $88 (No Remote). I purchased this key because they wanted $285.00 for a new remote....I couldn't believe the cost...having read your comments - I would like to get a remote key made......the one that came with my car is falling apart it is currently covered in tape - can you please explain the procedure to by pass the extremely expensive Toyota Dealership pricing....Many thanks. Susie

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2010 at 1:02 AM, Stitchy said:

hi all,

I have Master Keys and 5 digit code.

I have lost my remote key and want a new one.

If anyone has a cheap solution in Brisbane.. xeditx

apparently these guys do it for $220:

D L C Locksmiths

0410 526 726

4 Tiger Dr

Arundel QLD 4214

0404 809 993

But I seek something cheaper.

bUY A $20 BLANK FROM EBAY, GET IT CUT TO MATCH YOUR KEY, THEN REPROGRAM IT ACCORDING TO THE INSTRUCTIONS FOUND ON THE NET. (Woops, sorry about the CAPS everyone).

Edited by jeffy
request