Sydney Cross City Tunnel Break-in

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering if anyone had any updates as to when the city cross tunnel is due for opening?

Im hanging to catch up with the other Stivos for a cruise!  :P

Still waiting on the governmental folks for that one...

• 1 month later...

Just got word, it's on for 28th August!!

The tunnel will be open for traffic on the Sunday evening, so lets not waste time! I know a lot of us have been waiting for the govt to get off their fat proverbials and open the thing.

As soon as I find out a definate time of opening, I'll orgainse a meeting time.

Tell all your friends, anyone with a rolla, or just plain anyone!

Sydney’s Cross City Tunnel will be officially opened on Sunday, 28 August, 2005 following the completion of detailed commissioning works.

Mr Peter Sansom, Chief Executive of CrossCity Motorway said the first vehicles to use the tunnel were expected to make the trip late on the Sunday evening or early the next morning.

“We very much welcome the advice of the contractor, the Baulderstone Hornibrook Bilfinger Berger Joint Venture that the project is now ready to go,“ Mr Sansom said.

“It will now open to traffic 8 weeks ahead of its contracted date of October 19.

“Over the last two months, the intricate task of checking and double checking the operating systems that will control all aspects of the Cross City Tunnel has been undertaken.

Mr Paul Levins, General Manager, Operations and Corporate Affairs, Bilfinger Berger Australia said the Cross City Tunnel was now set to join other Sydney icons that Baulderstone Hornibrook has built, including the Sydney Opera House and the Anzac Bridge.

“The Cross City Tunnel is a great engineering achievement under one of the most sophisticated cities in the world,” Mr Levins said.

“It will provide a vital link in Sydney’s transport infrastructure for generations to come,” he said.

• 2 weeks later...

More info if people are still interested....

The tunnel will be opened for traffic after the walk-through has been completed at around 3pm.

If we can all meet up at 3pm (or around then) we could be the very first public cars to roar through the tunnel. Or if people want to wait till later we can still cruise through at maybe 7pm or wateva. Open for suggestions here...

We'll meet up at Olympic Park at P6, the usual place and then head into the tunnel. We may then head out to Bondi for a bit and then on to where ever....

Probably gonna be a short one, but good times to be had, and its an excuse for a cruise... :P

should be there also unless sumfin comes up......

So P6 @ 5pm it is.....

Thats right!!

Where: P6 Olympic Park

When: 5pm, 28th (tomorrow!)

What to bring: Yourselves, friends, your rollas, CBs (If you got em), and Camera for those risky but interesting in-tunnel shots!

See you all there!

yeah, it was a good run :) Nice and cold as well...

Learnt a good lesson though: driving and talking on the mobile can be dangerous sometimes....hehe

Yes after last night I'm conviced the govt. is trying to screw me on purpose...

But I enjoyed scaring myself to death on the Nashy run! :D

yeah, it was a good run :) Nice and cold as well...

Learnt a good lesson though: driving and talking on the mobile can be dangerous sometimes....hehe

Yes after last night I'm conviced the govt. is trying to screw me on purpose...

But I enjoyed scaring myself to death on the Nashy run! :D

I'll let you come for a spin with me next time we go..... Oh but no skid marks or any other bodily outs to be left on the front seat yeah :P :P :P ;) ;) ;)