Sydney Cross City Tunnel Break-in

Hey to all the Sydney guys,

I dont know if you've heard or not but the Sydney cross city tunnel opens on Sunday June 12.

Who wants to be some of the first to cruise through it?

We can all meet at olympic park (the usual place P6...i think...correct me if wrong), and then cruise through the tunnel up to rushcutters bay, or rose bay, or double bay, or any of the cool lookout/beach areas... make a suggestion!

If weather turns out good, picnic or bbq might be the way to go...

I figure if anyone's gonna test it out, break it in, or vibrate it apart with loud exhausts it should be us! :D

Let me know if you're in.

Edited by !*heatseca*!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

someone needs to get into the tunnels early to take a good shot of all the stivos with their lights on in the tunnels!

......or maybe the speed cameras can do that  :rolleyes:

We have ways of getting those kind of shots ;) :ph34r::ph34r:

someone needs to get into the tunnels early to take a good shot of all the stivos with their lights on in the tunnels!

ooOoo! stick your head out the window and snap snap? :rolleyes:

ooOoo! stick your head out the window and snap snap? :rolleyes:

No need to go quite that far... But you got the general idea, and still yet to drop the camera too :P

It's quite common, many people do this and the shots don't look half bad either...

Imagine a dozen or so Stivos screaming through there in LIFT... that would be such a happy sound to hear, I think I might cry... B)

Hey, thats what I'm hanging out to see/hear! :D

I want all the other motorists to think the thing is gonna collapse! Then all our rollas go screaming past... It'll be awesome...

but tunnel is bloody too expensive to go thru! isnt there like a toll both ways for that little strip of tunnel?

Actually that reminds me of something kinda important... :blink:

There is a toll, however it doesnt take cash! you need an e-way. So if some of you dont have one, you might wanna consider getting one if you wanna come with. It might be an idea anyway since soon all the motorways will go the same way.

There is a toll booth goin in and coming back, but its only a few bucks! :rolleyes:

I mean, c'mon, how much have you spent on your car in comparison :P

Im sure we can all spare a few gold coins and make this LIFT cruise worth while  :D

Trust me, if we get all the rollas together, it'll be worthwhile and a good day out...

but remember: No coins are taken on the toll!!!! E-way!!

1. lets not forget about the poor guys in ascents!!! we dont have lift!!!

2. i dont even have my Ps.... going for them on the 15th of june, so its just a couple of days too early for me :(

anyway hope you guys have fun - should be a great sound, everyone going through in lift with all the echoing of the tunnel... such a beautiful tune...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok, I got an update for all those interested!!

Cruise is on next sunday, however its been changed from a day to a night cruise due to that fact that when the tunnel opens on the sunday, people will be walking it for most of the day, and I dont think we want to get too many dents knockin people down... :P

so...

Meet time: 7pm (sound ok?)

Where: Homebush carpark (i couldnt get the map up but its where the meets usually are... if someone wants to clarify which carpark it is that would be great!)

Route: We'll head out down the M4 first (stretch our rolla's legs so to speak..) and then on the parra road. We'll then head down city west link and over tha anzac bridge into the tunnel (have cameras ready!) Once we enter the tunnel, we can have the choice of heading to bondi, or out to double bay and rose bay (up to you guys, i dont mind).

Note: For all those who dont have an e-tag, and dont want to get one (for whatever reason), you can register on the cross city website fo a one off trip. www.crosscity.com.au

Bring your CBs if you got em! It should be a good cruise if we can get the turn out!

See you then!

I need e-tag...  :(  :(

where would one get one from???

if you want go to www.crosscity.com.au and follow the links to register for a pass for the day.

You register your rego and pay a small amount into an account. When you go through the tunnel, a camera will snap a pic of your rego and deduct the amount from your account. easy. Its handy if you're just using the tunnel for the day...

they just keep on trying to screw us with something else don't they  :angry:

Yup man, that's ridiculous ~ :angry:

For the new Cross City Tunnel, we have to have a e-tag thing.

How can they "FORCE" people to pay for that tag. :angry:

If we don't have the tag, we out of the door~

That's not FAIR, :angry:, we should be able to choose what we WANT.