Rim drama

outback

Okay, so when i bought my camry from the toyota dealer it came with these alloy wheels, in quite bad condition.. infact.. i think they were holden apollo rims.. as the insert in the middle says apollo lol... they have obviously been on the car since it was made.. or a long time.. as the paint is chipping and the insert is all water damaged.. from a distance its fine.. but up close, ew.

is there anything i can do to salvage these rims?? or just hunt down some more? i refuse to drive with hubcaps, haha

this is the worst of the 4 wheels.

25qx11t.jpg

2h5ip7p.jpg

????

you could definatly find a nicer wheel to do the car justice , your best bet from where im standing is if you wanted to repair the current rims give them a light sand and DIY repair them by painting them , it could one good and bad results pending what you want to do with them , ive personally painted many sets of wheels but usually i only go flat or matt black which i can't see you wanting to do in this situation. Personally , i would run the tyres out on these wheels , take them to a scrap yard and cash them and fit something a little bigger and a little nicer , what about a set of ( excuse my ignorance as im not very familiar with camry's ) V6 Vienta Alloys or CSX optioned alloys etc , that way they are still built to be run on your car , but will also do the car justice.

Michael

I would also just save and a get a set of rims

You can try the for sale section on the forum or

here is bob jane as example.

http://catalogues.bobjane.com.au/portal/dy...=12516770636843

You could also try the wreckers and see if you can source some camry rims.

You you rally want to keep the rims you have you could try powder coating. To keep price down you would need to really scrub the rims clean and it can take awhile. but this i would not do this option on these rims :D :D :D :D

Yeah i think thats what i'l end up doing.. they have about 65% tred left...

When i bought the car it wasnt as bad so i didnt really stress about it.. (the toyota dealer put new tyres on the rims before they sold it) but now its making the car look like trash :S

i mite give that a go.. trying to sand them down and re spraying them.. until the tyre needs re placing then slap some new ones on the car

even when i wash my car bits flake off :l if i stuff up painting them.. they wont look any worse then they allready do? hahaha... thanks!

outback