Toyota Crown 2003 Model Onwards

I see there isnt much Toyota Crown owners in Australia. Is it possible to import the late model Toyota Crowns to Australia? It has to be complied of course.

Any idea why people avoided this model (if it can be imported)? Seems to be very good value for the luxury options that it has. It may not be the best looking luxury car, but the Toyota Chaser isn't that flash either (although of a different category).

I see there isnt much Toyota Crown owners in Australia. Is it possible to import the late model Toyota Crowns to Australia? It has to be complied of course.

Any idea why people avoided this model (if it can be imported)? Seems to be very good value for the luxury options that it has. It may not be the best looking luxury car, but the Toyota Chaser isn't that flash either (although of a different category).

Way too new, for one thing. The newest Chaser you can easily get in without a private import is a JZX100, and they ended in 2000. You'll notice that most Jap imports are 90s models, as the newer variants aren't yet eligible for import and compliance.

Such a shame, I didn't realise how much us consumers are being ripped off until I went and checked out Tradecarview.com. Other countries can enjoy luxury vehicles for a fraction of what we pay for ours.

The reason luxury and imported cars are taxed is an attempt to protect the local car industry and workforce. It may not be the best way of doing it, but at least their intent is in the right place.