removing the cassette player

outback

so i've had my ipod connecter for a while now.. using the cassette player.. but im over it, its time for a dam cd player, ive got one on order.. and should be here in a couple weeks.. i've googled it briefly.. found something about snap on clips then just un-bolt the stock cassette player, has anyone done this before? is there any other steps i should take? my dad will give a hand.. haha.. wel he replaced his cassette player in his landcruiser.. so hope we can manage to sort mine out.. :S

I changed mine the other month on my 2000, not sure how different the process is but i found that the easiest way is to take it out form the bottom and just pull towards u, you have to be careful not to break it tho. And if you do end up using a screw driver tape it so that you dont scratch the trim. You also will probably need a wiring harness, you can get these from super cheap auto.

so i've had my ipod connecter for a while now.. using the cassette player.. but im over it, its time for a dam cd player, ive got one on order.. and should be here in a couple weeks.. i've googled it briefly.. found something about snap on clips then just un-bolt the stock cassette player, has anyone done this before? is there any other steps i should take? my dad will give a hand.. haha.. wel he replaced his cassette player in his landcruiser.. so hope we can manage to sort mine out.. :S

Go to installdr.com and put in 92 to 95 Camry, all the steps and pics are there for you. Very easy, and dont forget to get the wiring harness, your brand head unit to Toyoya wiring from Super cheap etc, cost around $20. It took me 15 mins. to remove old and install new unit. POP!!! :yahoo:

i got the same camry. word for changing the tape deck. i got rid of mine ages ago. a tape converter is ok but time to move onward and upward with technology ey? all u need is a flat screwdrive in the bottom left or right corner. u can tape it if u want but ive upgraded and moved my system heaps of times without taping it and it hasnt damaged anything. lever twds ur body and it'll pop out that corner. do the same with the opposite bottom corner and once both clips are out, it'll just swing off once u lift it. there are 4 screws that hold in the bracket to the player. once u drop those 4, it should pull out easy enough. wat out for the cables. as mentioned b4, u might need an adapter depending on how ur HU is set up. ive always needed one so if u do, u can shoot to supercheap and snap one up pretty cheap. wat kinda HU u got lined up? is it a double DIN unit?

hope the info helps

cheers

sweet! thanks.. hopefully shouldnt be a hassle..

great site.. installdr.com

wat kinda HU u got lined up? is it a double DIN unit?

ive never purchased a stereo before so i wouldnt have a clue..

copy & paste

Type: Head Unit

Type: CD-Radio

Unit Size: DIN

Brand: Ministry of Sound

RMS Wattage per Channel: 40

Model: MOSCA110MP3PX

Features: Aux Input, CD-R, CD-RW, ID3tag, MP3, RDS, Multi-Region Playback, Removable Front Panel, WMA

maybe it was foolish of me not to research it first? :P

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER throw away your original equipment audio head unit, and NEVER simply cut the wires aft of the installed wiring. As others have stated, there are a myriad of aftermarket wiring loom adapter kits for every make of car & stereo so cutting the wires is simply not on. Keeping the original equipment head unit allows you to keep your preferred after market unit if/when you sell the car, re-installing the original, even if it doesn't function, makes the console look so much more attractive than a gaping hole with wires showing.