immobilizer

outback

im not sure if my immobilizer works correctly??

when i press the immobilizer it will either lock or unlock the doors, how ever the car will only start if the doors are unlocked, if the doors all lock the car will start up then die quickly.. isnt it suppose to be the other way around??

or is that just how they are?? i would just think the car would only start with all the doors locked not un-locked lol

Aftermarket?

Well let's create a scenario. You go to your car and unlock it. If your immobiliser should be armed when the car is unlocked, then how are you meant to start it and drive off. It would be quite annoying if you had to lock your car every time you wanted to start your car.

It seems like it's just a simple immobiliser that is made to be armed when the doors are locked. Usually this would also mean it remains armed if the doors are unlocked by means other than the remote or key. If it behaves outside of this... it isn't really doing it's job.

Oh.. now that youve said that i feel dumb haha..

i guess that makes sense, see my car sits un locked in our garage, so ever morning when i try and start it i press the immobilizer, locks the doors, no start have to press it again to unlock to start it up.. and no it doesnt start if i just hop in and try and start it up

thanks.. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...