jdm tailights gone wrong

spillige

i had a try at the jdm taillight mod the other day for a second time, every thing was going ok and was working till i put every thing back together and my brake lights stopped working. parkers still come on at the usual side though brake lights and second (jdm) parkers do not, and at the same time my ABS light came on and my ABS has stopped working. :wacko:

ive had it checked by toyota they checked the fault codes

1. short circuit in ABS motor relay circuit. code C0274

2. low battery positive voltage. code C0241

they said it needs a new battery? has any one had this happen to them and how do you go about fixing it

thx spillige ;)

Try checking your fuse. I have the same problem when i did the mod, my brake lights stop working and the ABS light came on. I found out that one of my wire is not connected properly and blow one of my fuse. The ABS light is just warning telling you that your brake lights is out.

i checked the fuses they seemed fine, though i could change it just to be sure.....so what your saying is the dodgy spillige wiring blew the fuse out.......

I could be wrong but that what happened to me. I have to replaced the same fuse 3 or 4 times until i found out that my wire is loose, after i fixed the wire the problem went away.

• 4 weeks later...

well ive been playing around with the lights, and still havnt been abe to make them work.

so far ive, changed all brake lights, changed both ABS fuses, checked and double checked my wiring i even took every thing back to stock... and nothing........

what i think is the problem is the relay has blown? wich is what toyota's codes came up with, and my electrician told me the same thing, my question is where is this relay? so i can replace it.

ive checked the fuse box but theres no rear light relays there, i dont even know if im on the right track with this, but its all i can come up with. :huh:

well ive been playing around with the lights, and still havnt been abe to make them work.

so far ive, changed all brake lights, changed both ABS fuses, checked and double checked my wiring i even took every thing back to stock... and nothing........

what i think is the problem is the relay has blown? wich is what toyota's codes came up with, and my electrician told me the same thing, my question is where is this relay? so i can replace it.

ive checked the fuse box but theres no rear light relays there, i dont even know if im on the right track with this, but its all i can come up with. :huh:

maybe check the driver side behind the power mirror switches and coin holder because i know the side indicator relay is there

Edited by chicken

maybe check the driver side behind the power mirror switches and coin holder because i know the side indicator relay is there

There are no relays in the brake circuit.

Wiring is basically:

Battery -->Fuses --> Brake light Switch -->junction blocks.

From here it goes to ABS, Engine ECU and the rear lights.

Look at any Toyota circuit diagram for the brake circuit they are all pretty much the same except the wiring colours may be slightly different.

ps did you check BOTH fuse boxes?

There are no relays in the brake circuit.

Wiring is basically:

Battery -->Fuses --> Brake light Switch -->junction blocks.

From here it goes to ABS, Engine ECU and the rear lights.

Look at any Toyota circuit diagram for the brake circuit they are all pretty much the same except the wiring colours may be slightly different.

ps did you check BOTH fuse boxes?

yeah i know having a relay for the brake lights wouldnt make sense, ive since fixed the problem by changing the fuse for the brake lights under the glove box, seems i was looking in the wrong area :o :o :o

jdm taillights FTW