Stock Headunit working with aftermarket speakers?

Jayz

Hi guys,

I have a 08 ZRE levin sx and was wondering if its possible to replace the stock speakers with aftermarket ones while using the stock headunit. I was thinking the stock headunit would not be able to power up the aftermarket speakers.

Thanks

Hi guys,

I have a 08 ZRE levin sx and was wondering if its possible to replace the stock speakers with aftermarket ones while using the stock headunit. I was thinking the stock headunit would not be able to power up the aftermarket speakers.

Thanks

it will definitely work, SQ wont be as good as using an amp, and nor will you be able to go as loud without distortion, but it would work.

Thanks for the advice. I plan to change the headunit or get a amp but for the meantime i just want to use my old mb quartz i had from my last car. Also does anybody have instructions / pics on how to open up the door panels to replace the speakers on a 08 corolla hatch?

• 2 weeks later...

id assume their similar to the yaris. with every installation ive done, it seems to only have 3 screws and like about 10pull clips. google is your friend otherwise.

Take it slow, first try to remove power windows switch box, etc. Next, should be a few screws down the bottom of the door card and possibly one in the section with the door handle. After you think you've got them all, start prying it from rear bottom corner and pop the clips out slowly, if it stops coming off then you've missed a screw.

be mindfull of how powerfull the new speakers are in comparison with what the head unit's amplifier is rated at as if the speakers are considerablly higher you will find the amp struggling to drive them. Being such a new head deck in a modern car i think you will be alright though.