Maf sensor had it?

CME-LFT

Hi guys, well ive been driving my car all day and not one single problem, so anyway i decide to change the pod filter on the CAI this arvo in preperation for tomorows cruise.

Now this is what has happend..

The car idles fine, but whenever the edge of the maf sensor gets grounded(the triangle shaped sides that the actuall screws go into) the car ends up stalling. Which means as soon as i SCREW it into the cai its fine, but if i move the cai and it touchs the metal of the car INSTANT STALLAGE. I didnt even touch the sensor when i changed the cai this arvo but now ive got all sorts of problems.

Now ive had the cai for nearly 2 yrs, and yes the cai has hit the metal of the car before and no problems have occured. I just cant understand how in the period of 10 mins i ended up having this problem. Its not the clip or the sensor cause it works when its in the cai or even when i jiggle it around. Its as i said, just when the edges of the sensor touch ground.

Ive cleaned the sensor and that hasnt helped, im pretty definent that its caused by what i mentioned about the grounding.

Ive taken the sensor out of the cai and tried tapping the edges along something else metal thats grounded such as the strut brace and the car stalls as well.

There no fuse blowing or shorting just the car stalling. In idle i can rev the car as high as i want and no warning lights pop up. ive really reached a dead end. Ill have to try to get it to an auto elec or mechanic 2moro

Any thoughts or suggestions would be a great help. thanks guys

Can you post a pic of the your MAF sensor so I can have a look at the pins you have?

HERE is the procedure to test the MAF sensor on a 2003 Corolla, so check if the pins on your MAF sensor are similar. You will need an Ohmmeter and Voltmeter to do this test.

Thanks for the info anyway. I went my mechanics this morning and he tested the sensor and found air intake problem, ordered a new one and its working. God only knows how it stuffed up seeing as i was driving it all day yesterday and by pure coincidence when i changed my filter yesterday arvo it happend to stuff up.

Once again thanks for the quick reply shire.zre sorry i didnt post back early, i was at the mechanics.