Aurion ZR6 King Springs difference in Codes?

Lt_Mirage

Hi guys,

This is my first post... and just wanna say its a privilege to be part for this forum as I have been reading quite a bit already from many members posts and experiences...

I have recently purchased a set of king springs on ebay which I believe from the Kings catalogue to be for the Aurion:

Front: KTFL-63SL

Rear: KTRL-61SL

HOWEVER, when the package came, the code for the rear spings was KTRL-61 !!! without the SL :angry:

Just before I go down the path of requesting a refund etc etc.... (which i dont really want to if I dont have to...)

Does the following code for a rear King spring on an Aurion ZR6 08 without the SL really make a difference to one that has?

Whats actually is difference between a KTRL-61SL and KTRL-61?

Thanks in advance!!!!

Mirage

Edited by Lt_Mirage

They seem to have sent you the wrong ones. They should replace them at their expense..

Here is a pic of my King Spring boxes.....

mmm Thanks Hidden.... I know from the catalogue they are the wrong rear code but that the difference from the one with SL and no SL is just the drop in mm ?

I emailed Kings but they havent gotten back to me yet :(

ta!

Using the KTRL-61 will most likely mean that they will barely drop your car down any more.

King Springs would have figured that the KTRL-61SL (super-low) would give a 'low' drop on the Aurion, hence why they use super-low springs for a low drop. Using normal low springs will probably sit the same as stock.

It's one of those things I can explain better in person. I've tried before, but to me it seems like it would probably confuse a few people:

That would be right

I think I better jump in on this discussion so it doesn't get out of hand.

When it comes to King springs for the Aurion... there is
no 'Super Low' option

That said, the 'low' springs you put in the Aurion are actually Kings Super Lows for the Gen 4 Camry. It just happens to turn out that Super Low Gen 4 Camry springs fit the Aurion and they consider it's drop to be low and not super low.

Just so you know, the 'low' springs Rowan has in his Aurion are in fact the Gen 4 Super Lows.

Using the KTRL-61 will most likely mean that they will barely drop your car down any more.

King Springs would have figured that the KTRL-61SL (super-low) would give a 'low' drop on the Aurion, hence why they use super-low springs for a low drop. Using normal low springs will probably sit the same as stock.

So what your saying is that the KTRL-61 can still be used on an aurion but its just the same as the normal spring drop? and the one with SL is the 30-35mm drop as stated in the catalogue?

So IF I went ahead and installed it anyway it would mean the head of my car will sit like its nose dived?

Would that seem to balance out tho?? as in many photos Ive seen of cars lowered, their rear wheels sit very low or something... like in the holdens.... or am i incorrect to think that..?

Thanks heaps guys! thanks DJKOR

Edited by Lt_Mirage

The KTRL-61 is the same coil as the KTRL-61SL, but the KTRL-61 is 15mm higher in the car, so would not suggest using them (KTRL-61) as they would be too high.

Regards ,

Kris Tarrant

Sales and Technical Services

IT Manager

KING SPRINGWORKS PTY LTD

Just got a reply from them....

Just what DJKOR said before...KTRL-61 sits higher...

SIGH..

have to go through the ebay refund process...... :(

Hoepfully I get my full amount + postage used too....

Thanks guys for your help...