Another Stivo exhuast

NRG

Hey guys,

looking at getting a Cat back system Varex on my sportivo this weekend.

I was searching up on some old threads and alot of people are using 2.5" systems.

Now I've been to about 4 exhuast shops and each 1 thinks that a 2.5" system is too big on 1.8L..

should i still press on and get a 2.5"?

Also is there alot of greater advantage of a mandrel bent system over press bent?

And will anyone with a varex like to share stories or more specifically if the noise output is close to standard when in quiet mode? and how much?

cheers

Tell em to gob yer nutsack, the joint I went to said the same thing till they jacked my car up and had a look.

2.5" all the way, and too me varex is a waste of cash, if you dont want trouble with mr plod then dont mod your car, my 2c.

Edited by Simo

Tell em to gob yer nutsack, the joint I went to said the same thing till they jacked my car up and had a look.

2.5" all the way, and too me varex is a waste of cash, if you dont want trouble with mr plod then dont mod your car, my 2c.

My exhaust place said the same thing, until he asked me if it was a sportivo or not...

X2

And with mandrel you dont loose any diameter in the pipe through the bends, therefore it stays 2.5" the whole way through.

Edited by CME-LFT

BKS had catback 2.5" with varex muffler.....i had stock pipe (in between 2.25 and 2.5") and varex, guni has same as me etc....after some dyno runs and just general driving we all came to conclusion that with the varex muffler having the 2.5" exhaust and varex full open lost torque downlow but was good uptop, Andy (BKS) was fairly certain with the varex, ported headers and CAI the stock pipe was the good combo, felt the 2.5" exhaust decrease back pressure too much............but each to their own, do what makes you happy and please lets not bring up the CES V Stock V Varex V normal muffler mass debate lol the threads are there if you want a read.

my 2c

yea thats what i was scared of not enough back pressure and losing low down torque for everyday driving.

but i hear that theres like 3 settings? closed, Half open, full open?

So being that you have a varex would you say its close to stock quiet if not quieter when in full closed position?

yeah.....varex closed quiter than stock......i have it open or closed....can be tricky to get the inbetween setting......like andy and i discussed....why get 2.5 " catback if you would have to have varex closed to get enough back pressure down low (if you wanted noise anyway) stock pipe with rear varex muffler is what i reccomend, if later you want to go 2.5" you can np......do it in stages if need be