Sound System for my zze123R

Hey Guys,

Ive just purchased an Alpine IVA-W202E double din headunit. Currently i have a mono block pioneer amp and 10inch sub. I think its a waste of the the alpines capabilities to run them on the stock speakers. ANY ONE have suggestions on what sorta speakers i shud get fitted?

Cheers

personally if you get an amp for your speakers i suggest the X types (pros has clear high end sound when ref takes a little step into the mid tones more) if you got the money, but the R types for alpine is decent but depending on your car you might need to modify the mounting a bit, focal is another brand to look at, they are decent SQ and mounts straight into most cars without modification.

make sure if you do buy 2 pairs of speakers, they are of similar brand and usually people go for really expensive fronts (cause the driver listens to music the most when there is no back seat passengers to impress) - i have expensive fronts and terrible rears. and Splits (where you have the tweeter and a woofer) is alot better than co axis (ones that are joined together) as you get cleaner audio cause of the cross over.

Imprint system is decent to have a look at too (gives you more options to tuning your system, setting delays, controlling gain per hertz etc.)

If you only like Alpine series speakers

Tyre X or DD linear would be good choice.

My friend installed DD Linear speakers in his Clio RS. The sound is very clear like opera

Once you have bass behind, it would be great sound inside.

For other brands choice, i would suggest the A/D/S split set.

I have 2 sets in my rolla and they are FANTASTIC! Cost $999/set brand new at Gold Coast Car Sound (sometimes they do have special). I also have Alpine tyre S sub and mono 1.600 amp on the back as well....They are so good !

• 3 weeks later...

cheers mate i appreciate the comment

personally if you get an amp for your speakers i suggest the X types (pros has clear high end sound when ref takes a little step into the mid tones more) if you got the money, but the R types for alpine is decent but depending on your car you might need to modify the mounting a bit, focal is another brand to look at, they are decent SQ and mounts straight into most cars without modification.

make sure if you do buy 2 pairs of speakers, they are of similar brand and usually people go for really expensive fronts (cause the driver listens to music the most when there is no back seat passengers to impress) - i have expensive fronts and terrible rears. and Splits (where you have the tweeter and a woofer) is alot better than co axis (ones that are joined together) as you get cleaner audio cause of the cross over.

Imprint system is decent to have a look at too (gives you more options to tuning your system, setting delays, controlling gain per hertz etc.)