Legal advice and solar water heaters

Sanctuary

Hi guys, im hoping someone here can help me out with a question i have. I have a friend that wants to jointly invest in a solar water heater with his land lord (50-50) but he will only do this if the land lord allows him to rent the place for 3 years. I have studied some law and i know he can draw up a contract stating just that and if it is broken then the land lord is liable to pay back the investment my friend has made so far.

My question is:

The law in WA is that a rental contract can be reviewed every 6 months, so on this basis is the method i said above valid at all? And is there a way to do this as part of a rental contract?

As a side question, has anyone installed a solar water heater, and what kind of savings are you getting from it?

Thanks in advance :D

I have just installed a solar hart hot water system. I paid for the cost of the system upfront then was reimbursed $1600 from the state government then from NSW am waiting for the cheque of $800? total cost of 2400. so check and see what rebates your local/state government has. .. the system works great. I also have solar power installed.

Here is some info on rebates http://www.hotwaterrebate.com.au/index.php...v-state-rebates

I would also contact the tenancy board in your state and ask them about the lease etc.