AE82 Twincam

jaderd

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Car is now registered, went very smooth and got a nice lady at vic roads all she looked at was engine number

Left car at AC place overnight

Picked up today, he said there was still gas in it and an ok pressure, he just put a new belt on, new receiver drier, new rings, retro fit things for new gas etc. filled it and it runs ice cold....he said it may be fine, he has put the dye in it also and said look i may not see you again or you may be back soon but thats about the only way to know is put the dye in. $280 which is ok as just gas is around 100$ and it has all the necessary retro items on and new reciever drier.

He reckons that it may be ok as the old bit of paper from 04 when the ppl showed an AC shop it ahd written needs "new compressor, condensor and something else" which is basically a whole AC kit, he said noone would do all things as once unless trying to rip person off

so big FINGERS CROSSED it stays perfect like it is now

Adjusted idle so when car warm and AC on it sits at around 850-900rpm.

regoon.jpg

you know me well enough to know i mean it when i say

the twin cam will smach the swift

go corolla's made before toyota went weak, aka zre

see i'm not just a sportivo fan

whitestivo

THERES NOTHIN WRONG WITH THE ZREs BUDDY!!!

Hey all,

quick update today i got alot of spare parts for the rig

includes

2 X doors (front) wrong sticker design but has black door handles and good paint no rust - spares for change in future

1X rear hathc - wrong sticker design but zero rust and great spare

assorted items - 2 great nick side mirrors, all door seals that cover seams of panels around door area, boot seal, all air vents and knobs / switches, clock, 4 mud flaps, all door sills, 1 left tail light, outer black fairing panels dash bit to right of speedo (perfect condition zero cracks to keep as orig one and will make phone mount with current one) and lots of other bits and pieces, fills a bunnings bag, and cheap as for everything :)

the parts car is going to SCRAP METAL very soon not wreckers so get onto it if needed has good passenger seat and rear seats

- Twincam forum in car parts!

anyone know if reproduction stickers have been produced for the big 2 door twincam sticker ? and also rear hatch sticker ?

P1020893.jpg

P1020895.jpg

P1020896.jpg

P1020897.jpg

Edited by jaderd

Damn i wish i had considered grabbing some much needed parts off the car Simon , i have 3 X original Twincam 16 door spanning decals in genuine Toyota parts boxes here at home , ill be copying them and having them reproduced to fit my car.

Mick

Damn i wish i had considered grabbing some much needed parts off the car Simon , i have 3 X original Twincam 16 door spanning decals in genuine Toyota parts boxes here at home , ill be copying them and having them reproduced to fit my car.

Mick

very nice mate :)

yeah i saw those on ebay $77 for a set of two made with proper auto vinyl etc.

im in no rush so i can wait and see how eviltwin goes....or can always get the ebay ones....it will be a jan/feb job for me or even later

just got a mega bargain to chuck in the drawer and leave till exhaust and headers installed.....

Emanage Blue - $325 AU incl postage and support tool

off ebay sooo cheap including support tool

sale spiel below. from Louisiana USA and only $20 for UPS worldwide express

"Greddy E-manage blue piggyback programmable fuel injection computer with support tool. Flying lead fuel and ignition harness included. The support tool allows access to the upgraded fuel and ignition parameters. Both items are brand new in the original boxes. Shop excess inventory is getting cleared out; save some cash; send it back if you're not happy."

happy with that buy

Edited by jaderd

just got a mega bargain to chuck in the drawer and leave till exhaust and headers installed.....

"Greddy E-manage blue piggyback programmable fuel injection computer with support tool. Flying lead fuel and ignition harness included. The support tool allows access to the upgraded fuel and ignition parameters. Both items are brand new in the original boxes. Shop excess inventory is getting cleared out; save some cash; send it back if you're not happy."

happy with that buy

yeww! e-manage blue club represent.

Thats about how much i paid for mine, 350$ AU inc postage :D

happy with that buy

AWESOME work man.. you'll love it installed!!!

this car is going to be such a hoot to drive when its done... so jealous!

yeah i had no intentions of doing any tune aspects yet....wanted sussy and brakes and exhasut / headers and in future tune but ofcourse the daily ebay trawl turned it up so couldnt pass it up. so most prob now will be exhaust and headers then tune first up then i will get onto sussy and brakes etc.

not like the tune is going to give it some crazy power that current sussy (shocks in very good nick) and brakes cant handle. will be nice to just have it running at its optimum and use some useful features i saw just from a quick read like anti stall and the support tool plugin im guessing then via laptop can check error codes and offers data logging.

im very new to the elec side of things so will be a good learning experience

yeah i had no intentions of doing any tune aspects yet....wanted sussy and brakes and exhasut / headers and in future tune but ofcourse the daily ebay trawl turned it up so couldnt pass it up. so most prob now will be exhaust and headers then tune first up then i will get onto sussy and brakes etc.

not like the tune is going to give it some crazy power that current sussy (shocks in very good nick) and brakes cant handle. will be nice to just have it running at its optimum and use some useful features i saw just from a quick read like anti stall and the support tool plugin im guessing then via laptop can check error codes and offers data logging.

im very new to the elec side of things so will be a good learning experience

yeah for sure....

As Cihan if you can be present when he tunes the car, he'll explain everything to you.

yeah i will do, ill just arrange it and take an RDO or something i really want to be there to see what it all does and how it goes..

- edit...i think the anti stall feature is only really necessary on turbos to maintain idle or something as BOV's expel to atmosphere or something like that when i did a quick read

just got a letter from old owners saying they are enjoying the thread on twincam which they subscribed too which is nice and the letter included 2 spare keys :) so that brings total to 3 which is great, none work in the hatch so hatch is either a diff one from factory or barrel a bit buggered, i may rip lock out and pull barrell apart and see if anything wrong....did this on drivers door of old ae92 after someone tried to break in and managed to get it back to perfect.

cheers

wow every time i jump on i have to read 3 pages to get upto date, your motoring through it mate and doing a great job at that.

LOL at the 1st picture that u posted on this page and the little willy hanging out of the back he he he, get a little bit bigger tip mate *thumbs up*

a bigger tip will happen in time lol....thinking now a 2.5" straight tip with a rolled end

something like this one along with the headers 2.25" exhaust with 14" + hotdog muffler and a basic sports rear muffler

th9959324FLT.jpg

Edited by jaderd

Gave the car its first wash and polish since ownership as i saw the weather outlook is great.

did it at carwash used some wheel cleaner spray, chamois dry then today i used some Nufinish to polish the whole car, bumpers need some attention and i need to pull the tailights out and do a proper clean / polish around those spots but for today it was enough......that can happen in the future.

Some pics for you perusal :)

P1020907.jpg

P1020901.jpg

P1020903.jpg

P1020905.jpg

P1020911.jpg

P1020912.jpg

P1020909.jpg

Edited by jaderd