Rear shock absorbent

Hi,

Recently I did service of my Toyota corolla(2002,Automatic) at ultra tune. they reckon I should change my rear shock absorbent because of oil leakage .Thay also told me it is a bit safty risk if it get worse. . They quote me approx $600 for both . I need some expert advice about this matter.

I appreciate any input in this matter.

Krezy

600 bucks for just the two!!! christ alive , don;t quote me but i would have thought the shockers would be gas and not oil filled , but DON'T quote me... definatly not a 600 clam job for the rear two go and see a few different places and get it done by the cheapest if it's that bad mate.

don;t quote me but i would have thought the shockers would be gas and not oil filled

Quoting you for this post but not quoting you in the sense you were referring to, but even gas shocks will still have some oil in them.

definatly not a 600 clam job for the rear two go and see a few different places and get it done by the cheapest if it's that bad mate.

Yeah, definitely not a $600 job. I'd find somewhere else and never go back to that place again. Maybe you could save yourself $500 and get a pair of spring compressors and do it yourself :lol:

hatch or sedan? i dunno what the difference in shocks are as i have never looked under a sedan, but i know hatch u have to remove seat and boot trims, even so its not a 600 job, as said b4 shop around and u will be amazed how much cheaper u will find

how much are the parts?? and labour ??

That's a hot price Guni bird, where was that from? Also, the stock shocks do leak oil, but that's the first time I've heard of the rears leaking.

Gav.

from a friend of a friend of a friend's cockatoo ......... ;)

• 2 weeks later...