Driving Condition

Danielwpark

Dear everyone.

Hello~ I bought an Aurion SX6 sportivo medel a few days ago.

when I drive this vehicle I can feel slightly bouncing driving condition and road condtion sensitively compare to normal sedan vehicle.

So I feel dizzy if I drive this vehicle long time.

I checked Toyota Aurion's booklet, it said SX6, ZR6 models use firmer springs and solid stabiliser bars.

these stuffs make this vehicle a bit bouncing while driving? or something wrong with it ?

All 4 tyres are good condition and I also did the wheel alignment and tyre balance from the tyre shop.

Thanks & Best regards.

Edited by Danielwpark

Welcome mate. Good choice on your purchase.

What you are describing is completely normal for the Aurion. We have mentioned it before here and it's mainly to do with the Sportivo spring/shock combo together with the chassis stiffening through decent bracing that makes it a little more bumpy/bouncy.

Question about the Aurion's smoothness on roads

I can't fully comment on this since I have a Sportivo which I would say has stiffer suspension than you Grande. I must say though, the suspension on the Aurion is really 'bouncy' but solid. It's the kind of solid bounce where you can feel you rear end bouncing up and down in the seat. I would be guessing that the suspension in your Aurion would be bouncy as well, just a bit softer. The best people here to provide opinions for you would be the AT-X or Presara owners.

You mentioned how you only noticed it more recently. In regards to that, maybe you're just getting more used to it. Like when I first drove my Aurion, the initial few weeks I though the ride was extremely smooth. It wasn't until a few weeks later that I realised the stiffness in the suspension.

Difference between an Aurion Sportivo and a standard Aurion?

I test drove AT-X and ZR6 a few weeks after reading about the suspension difference.

ZR6 definitely felt firmer. The sales guy looked scared so I didn't test the body roll advantage I read about.

AT-X was cushy but bumpy road gave a softly "bouncy" ride.

But on the smooth side road it stunt me that I was speeding. Its so refined.

My friend felt the AT-X engine being smoother around 2-3k rpm but I noticed nothing.

Didn't pay attention to which was lower. Sportivo easily looks lower though with the side skirts.

I'm don't know too much about how suspension works in fine detail, but I was quite surprised at how smooth the ride on the Sportivo is given how stiff the suspension is. On my old Camry, you could "bounce" the suspension, and the ride was nowhere near as smooth as my new Sportivo, where you can barely push down on the car. That being said,
I do find the ride kinda bouncy at slower speeds (some bumps are amplified a little, but in a "springy" kind of way) on my Sportivo, but it's still rather smooth nevertheless

Acording to Toyota, the AT-X has the same ground clearance as the Sportivo. The Sportivo certainly looks lower, and I think that is due to the side-skirts, front, and back bumper. When Toyota says they have the same ground clearance, I think they are referring to the underbody only.

Also, does the AT-X come with Michelin Energy tires? Where ever I read about the Sportivo, they mention the Michelin tires, so it would seem like it is another difference with them.

That said, even the AT-X suspension though seems to have a similar trait:

Aurion Suspension

on constantly bumpy roads my Aurion Touring's non-Sportivo suspension feels a bit bouncy

for those roads I prefer my old Camry Touring, which also comes with sports suspension but also gas shock absorbers

but I don't know anything about suspension, only drawing keywords from reviews

the bumpy roads I am talking about how those multi patched grey coloured roads, rather than the smooth black coloured roads

Dear DJKOR

Highly appreciate your kind response.

You are the only one person who gave me an answer I expected.

I may go down to the dealer shop again if I couldn't get your help.

I would like to say again "Thank you very much"

:D

No worries mate. I was the first person to give the answer cause I pretty much live on these boards :lol:

Either way, if you give the car a hard drive you would then come to agree that the bounciness is not that bad at all. What it loses out in ride softness, it makes up in performance.

the suspension on the Aurion can give drivers a bouncy (instead of bumpy) feeling over small but sharp bumps like concrete joints

over time the smoothness of the ride made me more sensitive to road conditions

and the same road starts to feel bumpy

but go in a different car and you go back to reality

I find taxi's (previous generation Falcon and Statesmen) have an even softer ride though

those concrete roads are everywhere in Sydney, especially in the inner west

Ashfield

270px-Ashfield_Liverpool_Road.JPG

Campsie

town_centre_campsie.jpg

Lakemba

town_centre_lakemba.JPG

No worries mate. I was the first person to give the answer cause I pretty much live on these boards :lol:

I would believe this comment too, and I would trust that DJKOR would be the only person in Aus that could pull an Aurion apart and put it back together in one day (without any spare pieces left over) :) .

the suspension on the Aurion can give drivers a bouncy (instead of bumpy) feeling over small but sharp bumps like concrete joints

over time the smoothness of the ride made me more sensitive to road conditions

and the same road starts to feel bumpy

but go in a different car and you go back to reality

I find taxi's (previous generation Falcon and Statesmen) have an even softer ride though

those concrete roads are everywhere in Sydney, especially in the inner west

Ashfield

270px-Ashfield_Liverpool_Road.JPG

Campsie

town_centre_campsie.jpg

Lakemba

town_centre_lakemba.JPG

Live around the Bankstown area I take it?

Sorry to say, but damn your roads in Sydney are really crap. Had to drive through there before heading to Canberra and I think that is a little too much work for my shocks.

Sorry to say, but damn your roads in Sydney are really crap. Had to drive through there before heading to Canberra and I think that is a little too much work for my shocks.

They don't do tyres any good either... drove all the way until the NSW border, and checked the tyres - all good. Got to Sydney and checked tyres again - they looked like I had been driving on sandpaper for a few thousand K! Simply terrible. Not to mention the road noise, lumpy ride and generally glaring reflection from the sun on the pale concrete!

I think I would have to totally agree with DJKOR on that one...