Hello

purple61

Hello to all TOC forummers

I just bought a used Camry Altise 2003 and I thought I should participate in this forum to learn new things about my Toyota. This is my first and only Toyota although I had driven quite a few in the past. I've owned several Volvos, Nissan, Mitsubishi, a Suzuki, Peugeot and a Renault.

So why did I buy a Toyota? Having recently moved to Australia, I bought a Suzuki Grand Vitara (which used by my wife) and later found out we needed a 2nd car. I choose Toyota because of the good experience I had whenever I get to drive one. I like Toyota's philosophy of building cars that are reliable and durable. It may not be exciting but it serves the main purpose of owning a car i.e. to get you safely from point A to B at a reasonable cost of ownership.

Anyway, I hope I'll be able to participate actively in this forum.

Thanks & Cheers.

Steven

Welcome!

what renault car do you used to drive? i have had 2 renault sport clio. one 172 and one 182 F1.

Compare toyota with the Renault cars, the cost to maintain a toyota car is more friendly than a renault (around $400 for a MINOR service).

Also the parts avaliability of toyota is much better than renault (no spares in oz, need to order from France)

anyway. nice choice.

Enjoy the forum

Terry.

Welcome!

what renault car do you used to drive? i have had 2 renault sport clio. one 172 and one 182 F1.

Compare toyota with the Renault cars, the cost to maintain a toyota car is more friendly than a renault (around $400 for a MINOR service).

Also the parts avaliability of toyota is much better than renault (no spares in oz, need to order from France)

anyway. nice choice.

Enjoy the forum

Terry.

Hi Terry,

I used to own a Renault R19 back in the 1990s. Good but not a great car. Whilst I enjoyed driving it, the breakdowns were regular. Quite problematic if you'd ask me. Anyway, it was sold after 10 years of usage.

I just bought a used Camry Altise 2003 and I thought I should participate in this forum to learn new things about my Toyota. This is my first and only Toyota although I had driven quite a few in the past. I've owned several Volvos, Nissan, Mitsubishi, a Suzuki, Peugeot and a Renault.

So why did I buy a Toyota? Having recently moved to Australia, I bought a Suzuki Grand Vitara (which used by my wife) and later found out we needed a 2nd car. I choose Toyota because of the good experience I had whenever I get to drive one. I like Toyota's philosophy of building cars that are reliable and durable. It may not be exciting but it serves the main purpose of owning a car i.e. to get you safely from point A to B at a reasonable cost of ownership.

Thanks & Cheers.

Steven

hey welcome!.... i once thought about buying a camry, but at the time it was over my budget, so i got a corolla, had it for over 3 years now. and still running smooth, yes toyota's are indded durable cars :D

Thanks & Cheers.

Steven

hey welcome!.... i once thought about buying a camry, but at the time it was over my budget, so i got a corolla, had it for over 3 years now. and still running smooth, yes toyota's are indded durable cars :D

Hi mate

Like you, I thought about a Corolla and began to research used Corolla. It turned out that a used Camry with the same mileage and MY as a Corolla costs almost the same. I wonder why. Maybe it's because of the supply situation as Toyota must have sold a lot more Camry than Corolla. Hence with plenty to choose from, prices of Camry must have fallen to Corolla's level. Plus, the current trend is -people are buying smaller cars.

Yes, call it white goods on wheels but my Toyota is reliable even though it is 6 yrs old. Can't say the same for my previous Renault and Volvos.

Welcome to the forum.

I would agree with the comment of most people on this thread, that Toyota is probably not the most flashy and exciting car you can buy. But, if you choose to be positive rather than pesimistic you can say that you've got a great start. Not very flashy means there is a lot you can do to it to make it look just the way you like.

Performance? Toyota is good enough out of the factory. But, spend a little bit of money on the things and they become absolute rockets. I have seen Nissan Skylines, even R35 GT's, Mazda RX8's, Mitsubishi GTO's, Mitsubishi Evolution X's, Subaru WRX STi's....whatever.... they do not compare to the style and the beast-like performance of a good Supra with a heart made of a 2JZ-GTE, or the new Toyota HS (you will find it in Google under "new Supra") which is a 300 Kw hybrid. I witnessed (at Oran Park Raceway, NSW) a Supra kick the crap out of the most expensive and vastly modified Skyline in Australia. It was great to see, believe me.

For something more family orientated but with a sporty look you can't go past the new Camry and the Aurion, and I have seen some great looking ones from the US.

Anyway, welcome again. I hope that very soon you are not just a Toyota owner but a Toyota fan through and through.

Edited by Kichy

• 2 weeks later...