information on response amps

sikwitit

hello everyone on toca

cause of my butthole of a boss reducing my days not going to get as much money to put towards my temp sound system right now i have mtx thunder splits and coaxs and thunder 4channel amp and a kicker l7 12 in kicker box. was going to buy a kicker zx750.1 mono amp but with current income and having to put money to the side for rego and greenslip its going to take to long to get the money for the amp (6-$700). have looked on many different web sites and people say response amps are good bang for your buck items is this true? who has used the response 1000rms mono amp and how much power does it make cause people say they are over rated? and is using a cheap brand amp bad for the sub?

sean

hello everyone on toca

cause of my butthole of a boss reducing my days not going to get as much money to put towards my temp sound system right now i have mtx thunder splits and coaxs and thunder 4channel amp and a kicker l7 12 in kicker box. was going to buy a kicker zx750.1 mono amp but with current income and having to put money to the side for rego and greenslip its going to take to long to get the money for the amp (6-$700). have looked on many different web sites and people say response amps are good bang for your buck items is this true? who has used the response 1000rms mono amp and how much power does it make cause people say they are over rated? and is using a cheap brand amp bad for the sub?

sean

Response amps are awesome pieces of gear - if I wanted to do a proper system on my car I would be running them hidden under the seats and spending that little bit extra on the speakers/head unit. Even if they only output 900WRMS it's going to make bugger all difference - takes 10x the output in RMS to double the output of the sub, and even then it's only for a split second.

From my experience, they are built quite well and have no reliability issues so I wouldn't classify them as a 'cheap' amp, although the price doesn't reflect this. Basically all you want in an amp is high noise rejection and efficiency/stable output, something that I'm fairly sure all the Response amps have.

thanks random hero the sub is only rated at 750 rms so 900rms will only make it louder didnt want to put a **** amp with a great sub but from what im reading form other web sites from people who have used them might invest in one for this system just wanted to make shore b4 i bought it.

sean

yeah, these are great amps, good value and great quality..

they just dont have all the money poured into the advertising like some of the well known brands. personally i would buy these over some of the well known brands