Kluger engine problem.

udor

Dont forget to keep an eye on this in your car.

http://rav4world.com/forums/viewtopic.php?...b357a6be51a0864

"I live in Canada, and I recently took my 2005 Avalon in for an oil change. While performing the oil change, the staff at the dealership identified and advised me of a leak in the VVT oil line. They also advised that the line could burst, draining the engine of oil and possibly causing engine damage. I was advised that I should not drive the vehicle, and left it at the dealership awaiting replacement parts and repairs.

Several days later, I'm still leaving for a timeline to obtain the parts and repairs. The vehicle has just under 32,000 km on it.

This may be a bigger issue than just myself, as it appears that Toyota issued a Tech Tip TVI2310 in September of 2008 identifying the condition and recommending replacement of the oil line. According to the Toyota document, Toyota models affected can include the 2005 to 2009 Avalon, 2007 to 2009 Camry V6, 2007 to 2009 Sienna, 2008 to 2009 Highlander, and the 2006 to 2009 RAV4. "

old news here mate.... but thanks for the repost.

all service centres should change this part for you at your request.

Is there a service bulletin applicable to Australia that should be quoted to the dealer?

For ease of reference (future searching), here is the remaining discussion:

Alert to V-6 owners - possible oil leak!

2GR-FE VVT-i Oil Line Replacement (DIY for those who are willing)

Is there a service bulletin applicable to Australia that should be quoted to the dealer?

As far as I'm aware, there isn't actually a service bulletin out.. but then there is only so much my local dealer can let me know. They are aware of the issue and seem to fix it on a case-by-case basis, but there isn't really anything stating that they must change it before the leak occurs.

• 9 years later...

Just received a letter from Toyota about Kluger vehicles with 2GR engines. That an engine oil leak or seep may develop from the oil hoses between the oil cooler and engine.

My car comes within the manufacturing range. They will replace the engine oil cooler pipe and hose assembly with an all metal engine oil cooler pipe, free of charge to you.

Quote reference number AHG56 at  the time of making your  appointment with your preferred Toyota  Dealer.

Hope this helps any body with this problem.Will report back of outcome.

Regards Peter H    Melb. Aust.